Part Two: Knowing each Other

Edited. 2014-2015®

~~~

Oh my gosh , I thought it is easy the way the internet told me. She's sitting near our pavement. What should I do? ask her name and etc.Talk to her like you know her even I didn't have friends like her. Will she ditch me? I guess not. Will she think Im weird? I guess so.

I can feel the cold bead liquid that is running through my cheeks. My pulse, so hard. My blush is so noticeable.

One step, and another one. Yeah I can reach her, then another and another and another until I reach her. I can smell her fragrance because of the air smashing to my face.

"H-hi." I tried to smile. I hide my trembling hands behind my back.

"Hello. she smiled back.

"My name is Julian, Julian Mitchell. Your neighbor". I added.

"Ahh sorry I didn't notice you. My name is Chloe Slanders. We just move here. Were from Texas to here Canada to change lifestyle. Btw would you like to sit here Julian ?"

I sat beside her. So near that her hair is smashing through my face. I can taste her hair. Strawberry. Yuck. Tasted shampoo. but her hair is silky like the silky mane of the horse. Joke.

Her perfume is also cheap like mine. She also smells dog because she has a dog, obviously. She only wore slippers and her toe nails is nearly vanished.

"How old are you Julian? " she asked me.

"Im fifteen, how about you?"

"Same!" she said like it was a big coincidence.

"How come I didn't notice you?" she asked

How can I answer this? I thought.

"Because I didn't feel going outside." And I looked away.

"Can I get your number?" she asked.

09.............. and so on.

We sat there chatting and chatting "personally " not using cellular phone. Until the sun goes down.

I feel so free. I can break the rules. I can go out and meet her there again. I can play and chat and chat with her without my parents knowing it.

**

"How is your day my child?." Mom said. She was cooking our dinner. I can smell her cooked spicy enchillidas.

"Fine mom, " I said with a smile.

"Your dad is in the hospital, do you want to see him?" I stopped. I looked to mom and she had her face blank. I just shooked my head. She knew what I've been through.

"No mom, I don't want to. I'm tired, I need to rest."

"Hey! Do you want to eat or not?"

"Nope!"

I ran into the staircase as fast as i could so my mom couldn't see my weeping face. Ican't stand seeing my father in pain. I don't want to see him like that with my little sister. it is so traumatic.

When Dad knew my body and cells will decide what I'll be in the future, boy or girl, my dad started to disowned me. My mom always fight for me. My dad just acknowledged Jillian, my sister. My dad really wants a girl not a boy. So every attention of him goes to my sister. First, I felt hatred towards them but now, only to father.