- Chapter Twenty Four -

Alina slowly blinked her eyes open, and carefully sat up. But a sharp pain in her right arm made her whimper. She looked down and gasped at the sight before her. The heavy scent of blood finally registering in her mind as the fresh bite mark was oozing and pulsing in pain. Alina looked around and noticed she had been sleeping in her own pool of blood.

She would have thrown up if she had anything in her stomach. But she couldn't remember her last meal. If she even ate the whole thing or not.

Alina scooted away from her blood and held her injured arm with her good one, hoping that she can somewhat sooth the pain.

How could she have slept through that? And who did it?

Alina's eyes snapped upwards, towards the chained wolf and her eyes widened. The man's pitch black eyes were now dark green. He wasn't thrashing around anymore. Yet he was the culprit. Blood stained his mouth and chin, as well as his hands.

He kicked his lips, cringed at the action before speaking. His voice rough and dry from the lack of water. "I-I'm sorry. I took a bite before... Before everything became clear again. What did you do?"

Alina didn't know whether or not to accept his apology. He could have devoured her if it weren't for the power she emitted.

Yet she answered his question. "The moon goddess has given me the Wolf's Touch to help rouges like you. I  brought your sanity back."

He looked at my arm. "At the price of your arm."

Alina shrugged. "I don't care as long as you're willing to be loyal to me. I have a plan for us to escape."

He blinked and looked up at her in stunned silence. "Us?" He whispered, afraid that he misheard her.

Alina nodded. "You're as much of a victim as I am.. Now first off, you're going to have to do everything and I mean everything the alpha tells you to do."

He shook his head. "But my wolf has noticed you as our leader. Our loyalty is yours."

Alina smiled sadly. "I'm no leader. Your wolf will soon see that and will calmly move on."

Alina has seen this happen to the wolves she's helped. They think they owe her some type of high pedestal, claiming that she's their leader and all their loyalty is for her. It's an after affect that soon fades when she insists on not taking on the role.

To lead a pack of rouges was not something she feels comfortable with.

The sound of the metal door opening snapped Alina back to reality. She watched as Damien strolled inside with Kaeden behind him.

Kaeden's eyes snapped towards me first and then my injured arm. He looked as if he was having an internal battle with himself before he turned towards the Rouge.

Damien looked at the Rouge, the pool of blood on the floor, and then to my injured arm. He smirked. "I see you sacrificed a little to give me what I want. Perhaps I'll think of something to return the favor."

Alina frowned at his mischievous glint in his eyes. Whatever he thought was a reward would be a punishment for her.

"I need medical attention for my arm. That can be my reward." Alina felt a headache coming, probably due to the fact that she lost a lot of blood. She could tell the wolf tried closing the wound by licking it, but it did nothing to help.

Damien ignored Alina and stared at the Rouge. The first of many. "Kaeden, take the Rouge and clean him up. Feed him as well. Then bring him to a clean cell."

Kaeden nodded and unclasped the shackles. He then ripped half the chains in order to tie it around the Rouge.

After they both left, Damien turned to Alina. "What you just did brought immense pride to me and my wolf. He's happy I made the right choice in making you our chosen mate."

Alina squashed herself against the wall, trying to rid herself from the incoming alpha. But she was trapped.

Damien crouched low and lifted her injured arm. Alina winced but didn't let out any kind of sound in case he found that satisfying.

Damien brought his face close and sniffed before sticking his tongue out. He gingerly licked the wounded area. Alina hissed at the weird sensation. It began to bubble and sizzle as Damien's saliva coated her wound, healing it for her.

Alina didn't know what to do. She felt repulsed. He intimately helped her. Something she didn't want. She felt violated. Something only mates in love do to one another when on is hurt. Damien wasn't in love with her, in fact he could have cared less about her if she didn't have her power. He's infatuated with the power he thinks Alina is going to give him.

His army.

_________________________________

A/ N           Posted: 11/24/18

I know this chapter is a bit shorter but hey two chapters in a row!

Please Comment & Vote! 😊