- Chapter Thirty -

- Chapter Thirty -

It's been a few weeks since Alina has been gone and Damien has slowly been succumbing to his darkness, his anger feeding it as the days go by. His pack members have noticed and fear of what's to become of him.

Damien currently roams the woods within his territory in his wolf form. He's been doing that very often as of lately. He can't seem to control his transformation anymore. One sudden deep emotion, like anger and frustration, triggers this sudden shift in him. He doesn't know why but he has an inkling and he's too afraid to admit it. But deep down, he knows that he's falling closer to his animalistic side. Just like a rouge.

Because of this, his sudden need of Alina has become desperation. He needs her, but not for an army, but for himself. He has confided in no one of his inner dilemma. He simply states that shifting into his wolf calms the beast inside. In part it is true, but he can't let anyone know or else he would be deemed as an unworthy alpha to his people and many would try to overthrow him.

As he roams around, he thinks of his brother, Keaden, who still sits in a cell. He hadn't seen him since the day Damien had sent him there but he does keep tabs on him. His men are treating him like any other prisoner, giving him lousy food, questionable looking water, and beating him whenever he tries to fight back. Keaden is a strong willed man, always had been as a child, and it doesn't change even as he sits in a darkened place beneath the ground.

Whenever Damien would think of his brother, he tried to not feel guilty, but he always does because his naive brother had believed that their cause was indeed wrong. But it had been something their father had told them to accomplish. It was their dying father's wish to capture this girl and become the strongest of the strong with a rouge army in the palm of their hands.

Damien shook his wolf's head and began to walk back. He needed to get his act together.

As he began to walk back to his pack house, he suddenly heard a loud crunch behind him. He quickly turned around and prepared himself for a fight. But he is rooted to the floor as his eyes fall upon the creature that's in front of him. It was clearly a man, but his bare chest was covered in fur, crawling along his arms and legs. Yet his arms and feet hold wolf attributes. His hands are stretched to his claws and his legs look like the hind legs of a wolf standing upright.

Damien believed these creatures were simply rumors, stories that parents told their children in order for them to stay along the righteous path. But one is standing before him, with his canines bare, growling at him in contempt. He had once tried searching for these types of rouges in order to have Alina help him control them. But seeing one in front of him has him believing that she accomplished his goal.

But for herself.

Damien growled menacingly at the wolf and prepared to lunge at him. He will not go down without a fight.

As they both circled one another, Damien heard cries of fear in the distance. It was coming from his pack members. He now knew that this creature did not come alone.

Damien bared his teeth as he inches closer, venting forward before he lunged at the wolf man. He aimed for the creature's head, but the beat was very quick in his movements and blocked Damien with his arm. Blood oozed out of the Rouge as Damien clamped down and hanged from the arm. Damien used his front paws and clawed at the hairy chest in front of him, hoping to dig his way into the beast's heart.

The creature lowered his head and opened his large mouth. Damien, in a moment of fear, loosened his mouth, causing himself to fall backward just as the monster bit his ear off.

Damien was relieved that he saved himself from getting his head torn apart, but that relief soon disappeared as he saw the beast crouching low and pouncing on him.

Both wolves tumbled and rolled against the floor as they each tried to fight for dominance and keeping themselves alive.

"Stop!" Came a shout, quickly immobilizing both wolves.

Damien had been thrown on his back with the other wolf holding him down with both hands, and his head coming close to Damien's neck.

Damien blew out a breathe, happy his end hadn't come. Yet. He turned to the voice and his eyes widened in surprise. Coming into view was none other than the man that was once under Damien's custody.

Bryce walked forward. "Your alpha wants him alive."

The man above Damien slowly shrank back to his human self. His eyes, no longer holding a crazy look in them. He kicked Damien, hard, and demanded him to shift back to his human self.

Damien grew angry at the man's disrespect. But obliged. He shifted back, although with a bit of difficulty that didn't go unnoticed by the two men.

"Yager, bring him with us to our alpha." Bryce commanded.

Yager grabbed both of Damien's arms and bent them behind his back. He applied pressure, making sure he won't bust out if his hold as they walk.

Damien looked at Bryce and said, "Well if it isn't my old captive. If you're here then so must Alina."

Bryce growled. "It's Alpha Alina now. She did what you failed to do; create an army of rouges for herself."

He confirmed Damien's suspicions. Alina had acquired the courage she lacked and used her newfound strength to create an army. He wondered how many she had with her. Many he assumed with the many screams and growls in the distance. These creatures were creating havoc in his pack.

Damien began to shake in anger. His eyes shifting from brown to black. His mind aching as his darker consciousness demanded to seek blood. Blood that belonged to the beasts destroying what belonged to him.

Bryce saw his inner battle, shocked at the realization of what's been happening with Damien. He looked up and said, "Knock him out, quick!"

Yager followed his orders and quickly slammed a fist down to Damien's head.

Damien, suddenly stopped shaking and collapsed on the floor. Yager picked him up and threw him over his shoulder.

Bryce and Yager quickly walked to the pack that was currently being raided. Their alpha should be where she said she would, in the center of the land, waiting for the men she wanted be brought to her.

_____________________________

A/N      posted: 1/13/19

Sooooo... Damien is going crazy. Alina got an army! But what's coming next?

Comment & Vote!