Chapter 3: Stagnant

"The town I grew up in was so very peaceful, a large contrast from the one I reside in today

"The town I grew up in was so very peaceful, a large contrast from the one I reside in today. When that town was taken down with bulldozers, I wept; I wept even harder when I figured out such town was merely a fragment of my own mind."

You subconsciously nibbled at your lower lip as your eyes burned lasers into the sheet of paper in front of you. Your eyebrows then twitched in realization, and you scribbled down a formula on a work page and started solving faster than thought healthy. About 3/4 your way through solving the formula, your actions paused, and you dropped your strained neck in defeat, head resting on the homework you had been slaving over for the past hour and a half. Restless groans escaped your mouth, and you sat up abruptly.

"Impossible."

You shook your head at the problem that contradicted every answer you could pull from the little evidence it provided, as if it could feel your burning fury. Although, no matter how much you wished otherwise, the sheet did not crumble into nothingness under your gaze. It just laid there, mocking you. Maybe it would have ignited into a blazing flame if you stared any longer; but you heard the buzz of your phone against your desk, eyes immediately retreating from their target to look at the phone in utter surprise.

Who could be texting y-

Right.
Your fingers dropped the pencil that they had been wrapped around, popping with cramps that indicate you have been gripping it feverishly for far too long. You know who sent the text and why. Jungkook; but you still hesitated while grabbing the phone. This was so unnatural. The only person who texted you at hours so close to the letting out of school outside of your family was Mina, and even then, she much preferred video chat, so receiving a text rather than a video call was rare. She knew how you valued your homework time, and so would rather have you talk and multitask then go between staring at your homework and a phone screen.

You eventually pushed yourself to turn on the screen.

~

Bunny Boy🥕:
Where u live?

Me:
1234 ugotnojamz pkwy.

Bunny Boy🥕:
Thx. I'll be over in 15

~

You stared at the message for only a little bit before throwing your head back in dissapointment. Not even 20? Now you would have to shower without taking time to bask in the steam and refreshing atmosphere. You got up, and sluggishly picked out a simple outfit from your closet. The classic baggy sweatshirt and gym shorts. You were not going to dress nice just to tutor this boy- Even if sometimes he did make your heart flutter, you knew any attempts would just be useless in the end. Grabbing your speaker, you decided to turn on a MOMOLAND playlist.

Right now, listening to a girl group was just what you needed. You did enjoy listening to boy groups as much as the next girl, but your day had been filled with more testosterone than you'd prefer. After turning on the shower and shedding that dreaded school uniform of yours, you stepped into the quick fire of water spitting directly from the shower head. Your tense muscles melted under the influence of it's heat, amd you finally found some extent of relaxation through this stressful day.