Chapter 7: Ephemeral

"It was scary; how much it changed me for itself

"It was scary; how much it changed me for itself. I knew nothing more but to please it. I knew nothing more than that of a news anchor. Telling people what they want to hear. Now, I know how to talk like a doctor. Telling people what they don't want to hear."

~

"T̹̫͔̉̅̕x̜̄͢͞j̞̍ia̧̧̦͓̋͌͊͡a̡̩̭͓̍̐̈́͌, we only want what is best for her. She wouldn't be able to handle the knowledge that she Oȏ̗̯̣̲̐̅̕j͙̠̣̼̼͐͌̂̎͘s̮̮̬̹̄̍͂͘ú̪̣͡c̗͓̼̃̑̚x̃͜x͎̔z̨̜̮̉͌͘uq͇̐ḵ̛̯͎̳̹̄̿͐͡d͇̦͒̑ ̨̪͕̈̔͝ty͙̥̬͉͆̇̃̌a̺͚͘͠ą̬͑̔l̰͉̇̐̃͟d͇̝̥͖̆͂̒͑ w͔͓͚̩͍̌̋̈̕͝ñ͜f̛ͅg̗̣͒̚q̡̹̖̖̏̓͐̆. Especially from a young age."

"G̗̉̒͢͝ͅǧ̲̣̳̖̞͌̒̏̒ḁ̻̟̟̐̓̃̐jo̯̦̽̊h͖̞̠͗̉͋, she'll find out one day. She can't Y͓͇̽́s̻͈͚̻̔̅̑͞j̰͕͌͛ǒ͉̜̂s͇̙̍͘ḩ̺͚̑̎͌h̤͗h̦̠͖̑͛̏̕ͅ ̻̝̯͛̓̕͜͞n̮͐á̯̹̒͊̌͢͜q̛̟̭̯͛̋q̨̒̓͜d͇̝̳͔̊̓͒̒̋ͅj̣̗̖̤̺́͊͒̚͠ like this forever."

"Let's not think about that. She's not the only one with this Ḥ̡̲͒̅̕ạ͓̀̄j͚̙̥͇͛̂͑͂́͢g̝̬͑̇̍͢f̛͉̖̤̾͂g̼͍͋̓ó̪̔ͅp̘̙̩̃̉̌. People have managed before. We'll go with this for now. It's what Ī̝̣̞̜̏̓̉p̺̝̮̆̅͌̐͢q̢̏j̟̜̹́̅͊d̙̹̰͈̖͑̉̂̀͞ẖ́ì͙ would have wanted. We have choices, J̢͔̺̄͠͠d̠͚̐̉͜͡h͖̦̮̥̑̓̇̓̇ͅ didn't."

"Ip͈̘̑͝q̡̩̥̼̓́͒̓͂ͅj̙̀́͟d̻̫͈̃͞͝h͔̿̑͜ị̡͔͊͒̑̽͜ didn't have a lot of things. But did have what she has. The last thing we want is for J̛̖̦̹̻͆̿̀f͟͠s͎̩̓̉y̠̝̺̓͆̑̚͢e͕̾ṙ̼͓̤̄̋ĥ̡̤̼̒͘ ̻̚j̳͇̓͊d̥͇̪̪̞̀̒̍͋̽fn̨̲̩̂͋͛a̜̝̒̔av̺̘̥̓̊͑͜͠ ̱̻̟̔͌̒͘͢h̒͜ư͍̻̦̈́̏v̰͊v̼̕p̡̟̀̓z̪̮̎͘."

"So I guess we have no other choice."

~

"Yah!" You squealed, taken surprised by a squeeze at your sides from a certain bunny boy behind you. And, splat. Mashed potatoes that you expected to eat and not clean up dove to the floor. Enraged, you turned around to scold the rabbit for his actions. "Jungkook, I'm starving! What the frik, now I'm going to die of hunger!" You pushed on his chest as he laughed at your unfortunate situation. "Relax. I'll buy you a new one." He compensated. You pouted, crossing your arms. He slumped his posture. "Aw, c'mon. I have a cookie in my lunch, want that?"
Hell yes.

Your eyes peeked out from their hideaway underneath your eyelashes, and your nose perked up. Such a curious expression was your way of a modest acception of his offer, when really, you just wanted to shout a victory chant, and rub your stealing of his cookie in his face. He chuckled, and nodded as he walked along the edge of the lunch room with you close behind him. "You'll come to the library with me, yeah?" The library? Oh, the library. That place that you used to eat in all the time before Mina restricted you to the lunchroom. "Sure," You said softly. Some alone time with him at last.