Chapter 9: Apricity

"You told me you'd only love me

"You told me you'd only love me. If that was the truth, why do you smell so much like him."

"I heard they're really hot!"

"I call dibs!"

"Finally, some game at this school."

"I'm going to make Jimin jealous!"

"I wonder how the bangtan guys will feel when they're met with competition."

"Maybe if I act like I'm into one of the new ones, Jungkook will notice what he's missing out on"

All of their voices buzzed in your head.

Because these girls just couldn't stop whispering.

And you didn't know why. You shouldn't care. You wouldn't care. But ever since the recent decision you made to skip your medication, you seemed to care about everything. A hint of jealousy maybe even boiled in your blood at that comment about Jungkook. But who? Who was coming? Who posed a threat to the track record of the kings of this school? Such curiosities made you turn around in your seat to eye the man himself, Jeon Jungkook. And you should've known. The bunny boy was sleeping. "Tch." You turned back around. "Unbelievable." You sighed and shook your head.

But.

A groggy voice spoke up from behind your back. "Hm..?" You smiled at the youthful boyish voice. "What'd you say? Unbelievable? What's unbelievable, Y/N?" You turned back around to see his head still rested on the desk, but he was definitely...Awake. "Is it my looks, Y/N? My looks that are unbelievable? Because I already know." He peeked up from the shadow of his bangs and smirked at you. You laughed, and gently hit his shoulder. The padding of his black leather jacket made a sound as your hand made impact with it; and that gave you a moment to truly admire, just how good he did look in black.

But even when you both knew what he just said was in a playful fashion, it really was the truth. A truth you didn't think you'd succumb to so easily. "I thought you were sleeping." You locked eye contact with his doe eyes, and leaned in the back of your chair so you could face him. He lightly chuckled. "Who could sleep with all these girls talking." He dare to yawn. And you couldn't tell if it was genuine, or for the sake of sarcasm to prove his point. "So you hear them? What's going on?" You did want to know. But you'd didn't know if he'd know either. "Tch.." he buried his gaze in his arms.

"We're getting three new transfer students. That's what they're talking about. And they honestly think these guys look like freshly polished toys." Well, yeah. You could assume as much. But three new transfer students? All that excitement for absolutely nothing. You already had enough boys in your life as of recent; you knew damn well you didn't need to add anymore. The seven you had were already stealing your sanity little by little. One in particular. So you turned around, and squeezed your temples with your fingers. Could they just shut up already?