Chapter 8: Jouska

"I wasn't addicted to it; Other people were addicted to seeing me do it. And I was addicted to saying yes to whatever they asked me to do."

You sat on the counter in your kitchen and calmly sipped the warm tea you had brewed for yourself.

Today was a long day.

A long day filled with work, and stress, and words you knew you could never erase. A day filled with the painful absence of his bunny grin. Jungkook was sick today; and you hadn't quite realized before, how much every brick of your schedule depended on his being there. So you sought to be alone. But some others didn't agree.

~
Earlier that day.
~

Staring at Mina talking to her friends from across the cafeteria, you sighed. You didn't like the people she hung out with. They had the biggest mouths on them, leaking every little detail you shared to the whole school no matter how much you stressed that it must be kept a secret. You didn't really want to be alone today, but Mina didn't know Jungkook was absent, and you hadn't the audacity to walk over in front of those girls to tell her. You knew very well a few of them had their eyes on Jungkook, and you stating so boldly you were the only girl he invited to sit at his lunch table ever was a great way to commit social suicide.

When these girls got jealous, it was no joke.

So you walked to a far wing of the school that mostly only upperclassmen were seen in, and sunk down a wall to sit on the floor as you ate your sandwich in the hallway. Though, it felt as if the silence was suddenly deafening, because there was nothing to interrupt it. The anti-bullying poster propped up on the wall in front of you caught your field of vision. Seemingly somewhat illogical, you partly wished Seolhya and her posse were here to kick up your sides in hope that Jungkook would somehow magically appear out of nowhere to save you as he always had done.

Staring at the poster, and subconsciously consuming your sandwich, you didn't come to notice the young man who dropped down to sit beside you, popping portions of neatly stacked sashimi into his mouth. At first he looked at you, and then he caught on to what you were looking at; but he failed to figure out just what you saw in it to cause you to stare. He brought his fingers up to your face, and snapped twice, which inevitably made you break your no-blink-streak, and he indeed snapped you out of your vision of thought. You look at the boy, and the soft appearance of his exceedingly plump lips made you think twice about any bitterness you withheld.

"Oh, hi Jimin."

You timidly breathed. He smiled that smile of his that everyone could just melt into, the one that turned his eyes to slits, and waved at you cutely. "What's up, dollface?" Dollface? Looks like you weren't the only one with nicknames you threw about around here. He slanted his natural but shaped eyebrows at you. "You act so lonely without Jungkook. You know he's not a pass you must have to sit at our table, right? You can just come. We may not let other girls, but you're cool with us, Y/N." He attempted to comfort you. "Ugh, I'm sorry, I just don't know, Jimin oppa."