What Can I do?

"It's Deku", Bakugo says finally

"What"- the only word that could come out of Kirishimas' mouth.

"O-oh really! That's so cool", he says in utter disappointment ,"but then...why're you so mean to him?" He asks, feeling like he already knew the answer

"I don't know how to act around him...he makes me feel...weird things...and..."

Kirishima already knew the rest:

"And I want to be with him"

Bakugo gave a weak smile,"I'm glad you're not judging me".

Kirishima looked away,"of course not...you like him...and I'm willing to help you find happiness, I'm your friend...and that's what friends do...".

He sighed in relief as a reply,"don't let anyone know about this- ever"

Kirishima nodded,"it's our secret"

On the way back to the dorms the two hardly spoke. Stony silence, fabulous, a wonderful way to end a long day. Kirishima was upset to say the least, he wished that Bakugo had shared his feelings, but of course not, that would be too perfect. He looked over to Bakugo who was walking with his usual strong strides. If only he could be like that; be so manly and have all that confidence.

Kirishima bit his lip and walked silently back to his room. He shut the door behind him and sank to the floor.

Deku? Deku...of all people...

Of course he'd fallen for him, they'd been friends since they were kids, they'd been through every big milestone together, but they hated each other...well...maybe not as much as it seemed.

He stared at the ceiling fans' light hoping to stop the tears welling up in his eyes.

Maybe Deku's straight? Maybe it's just one sided...maybe Bakugo could still fall for me...

Thoughts kept rushing to his head and he did his best to bury them away but they kept coming back stronger. He felt so weak crying about a stupid crush, a stupid, stupid crush, what's the damn point right? He knew from the start he had no chance with Bakugo, but he still felt hurt about him liking someone else.

Why can't it be me?