ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴄʜᴏꜱᴇɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ

Jack's POV:

Three hundred years later...

After I realised no one could see me, I disappeared, slowly gaining complete control over my powers. Yet, I couldn't help thinking about how lost I was. I ended up coming back to town after I stopped feeling sorry for myself. It was snowing heavily, and the local school declared a snow day.

A snow day!

Finally, an excuse to make winter fun. Snow ramps, magic snowballs and laughter are what I need.

I sat on the top of someone's house, watching kids slid down hills on snowboards. I watched one particular boy. He was talking to his friends about something. I leapt off the roof and got close enough to listen.

"We'll check the park first this year!" He said excitedly to his friends. "That's where we found most of them last time."

"Jamie, do you really think the Easter Bunny would hide the eggs in the same place as last year? I bet he'll hide them somewhere else," A girl said.

What? Easter? Are you kidding me? It's the first snow day in months and they're talking about eggs and the Easter Bunny. I approached the kids.

"Hey, hey! It's a snow day! Not-" Then I remembered that they couldn't hear me. They ran straight through me, leaving the awful empty feeling in my stomach. I leaned down and scooped a chunk of snow from the ground. I blew on the ball, my breath making the ball a tinted blue. Then I threw it at Jamie's back, the ball bursting as it collided with him.

My magic twinkled as it took effect on him. He began laughing.

"OK, who threw that?" He turned to his friends as he balled a piece of snow and threw it.

"Jamie!" A girl shrieked. "I'll get you for that!"

The snowball fight started. Kids throwing snowballs at each other, and I occasionally threw a magic one to get the fight more serious. I noticed a beefy girl walking away from it in. I couldn't leave her out.

I cast magic on a snowball, aimed it at the girl and tossed it. It smacked against the back of her head. The kids around her froze in alarm.

"Who hit Cupcake? Did you hit Cupcake?" The kids asked each other.

Cupcake slowly turned around. a murderous look on her face. My magic twinkled as it took over and her snarl twisted into a happy grin. She ripped off the head of a snowman and began chasing the others with it, all of them laughing.

My work here was done.

North's POV:

Even though Christmas was months away, I had to start making the toys. I began chiseling a chunk of ice, adding a bit of my magic to the design. Next thing I knew, an ice train was darting around. I laughed as I admired my work. It chugged towards the door and suddenly, it burst open, crushing my train between it and the wall.

In the doorway was one of my yetis.

"What did I tell you about knocking!" I yelled but the yeti seemed more aggravated. He babbled and grumbled. After centuries with these creatures, I could understand them.

"The globe?" I asked. He nodded eagerly. He leads me to the globe, a ball designed like Earth with thousands of lights glittering on the countries and continents. Everything seemed fine at first but then a tornado of black sand rose around the globe, covering it completely. Cold, evil laughter rang around the chamber as the sand swirled. The shadow of the dreaded boogieman circled the room, leaving me frozen in fear.