ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ

Bunny's POV:

Dark Jack stood there, his hand held out like it had just fell from the sky. The tiniest little droplet of a tear resided there. Yet, he looked like he's never seen one before. I was half expecting him to ask something along the lines of "Why am I leaking?!" but I subtly leaned over to North.

"Mate, shouldn't we do something? While he's distracted?" I ask. I looked at North curiously, unsure myself on what we should do.

"Yes, yes, of course," says North. He slowly brought out his swords, and Dark was still distracted.

"Don't hurt him!" squeaked Tooth as she zoomed around behind Sandy with the two halves of Jack's staff.

"Course not, sheila," I say, drawing out my two boomerangs. "Wouldn't dream of it."

I didn't want to throw 'em, in case I actually hurt the little ankle biter. I didn't believe that the boy in front of me was the real Jack Frost. There's no way he could be.

3rd Person POV:

Suddenly, Dark Jack lashed out with incredible speed. His face was distorted with rage and anger and his hands were outstretched. He lunged at Tooth, almost grabbing her before she darted out of the way with a shriek of fright.

"Jack, no!" she yelped as she flew out of reach. Dark Jack growled an inhuman noise and he crouched and sprung up. But Sandy's golden whip came out of nowhere and curled around the dark boy's waist. With a flick of Sandy's wrist, he was yanked down and thrown far from Tooth.

He slammed into a wall with sickening slap and crumbled to the ground. Bunny readied his boomerangs and North raised his swords. Tooth clutched Jack's broken staff as she hovered twitchily above them, while Sandy had his two gold sand whips prepared for another hit.

Dark Jack pulled himself to his feet, shaking all over. His mouth was twisted into a foul snarl and his fingers were crooked into claws. He let out an animal's scream and flew forward again. Black sand – Pitch's sand – poured out of his palms and spiraled towards the four brave Guardians.

North's swords sliced through the tendrils like they were butter, and Bunny threw his Australian boomerangs with all his might. Nightmares formed, rearing up and shaking their glossy manes. Sandy's whips slashed and snapped through those black stallions, causing them to vanish within a couple of seconds.

But Dark Jack didn't react to them. He continuously went after Tooth, and she couldn't do anything. She wanted to stay, to help fight Dark Jack and the nightmares, but she had no weapons and she held the one thing Dark Jack wanted most; his staff.

Even though it's broken, who's to say what he would do with it if he had it. Maybe he could fix it, and he'd use it for dark things. Maybe he'd take out his fury on the world's children in an attempt to get believed in. They couldn't risk it.

The problem was, Dark Jack was winning. He was conjuring up more and more nightmares to help him fight. More nightmares then Pitch himself could ever make. How was he this powerful? It's just not possible!

The nightmares were separating our four heroes, and Sandy was getting overwhelmed the most. His whip cracked again and again, nightmares disintegrated and crumbled, but they came back just as quick.

Bunny had to stop using his boomerangs, because the nightmares were getting much too close for his liking. He had to kick them with his powerful legs, which was only useful for a couple of minutes until he was soon overcome.

Tooth was trying her best to get out of the way of the horses. Darting between and away from them as quick as she could. Once or twice, they caught the staff in their teeth, but she tugged it out of reach and flew straight up. Her fairies chittered to her, but she couldn't hear them over the screeching and braying of the nightmare horses.

North slashed and cut the horses, again and again. They burst into dust, but quickly reformed to attack him again. They bit at him, stomped on him whenever they could, and charged at him in an attempt to knock him over. It was becoming increasingly difficult to kill them.

Dark Jack cackled like a maniac, cold and loud. It echoed around them, and more nightmares erupted from the ground as puffs of black sand as they molded themselves into the forms of stallions. They reared in union before splitting into four groups and charged towards the Guardians.