ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴘᴛ 1

(Not Dark) Jack's POV:

Inside Dark Jack's head...

The last thing I remember is Pitch drowning me in his horrible, awful black sand. I was scared, because that's what happens when someone drowns you with sand, but I was also relieved.

To be honest, I thought I'd finally get release. I'd finally let go of my pathetic, lonely life. Where no one gives a damn about me and I was barely noticeable. The life where Pitch is torturing me for my fear. I thought I'd get death, to finally leave this world.

But nah.

No, apparently, I haven't suffered enough yet. I just wanted to die already! Is that too much to ask?

Anyway, I woke up in a really strange room. It was like it was filled with pale blue light, and the walls were some kind of reflective surface. I could see myself in everything. I wasn't in anything relatively normal, because all my wounds were gone.

The blood, the cuts, the bruises, the holey hoodie and pants... it was all gone. Like they were never there. It didn't hurt when I stood up: the soreness was gone too! I was back to normal! Does that mean...?

I looked eagerly around the room for my staff, but my heart dropped when I realised it were nowhere to be seen. OK, maybe not completely back to normal. But where am I?

I ran my fingertips across the walls. They were smooth and warm, and I could clearly see myself now. I stared for a few seconds. I looked completely normal. My hoodie and pants are fixed, with that usual pattern of frost across them, and my skin is pale and unmarked.

What's happening here? I didn't look like this a few minutes ago.

Then my reflection starts to shift and change. My hoodie and my white hair turn black, and my skin turns a darkish yellow colour . Bags grew under my eyes, and my blue eyes seem to glow. Like, evilly glow. Retreating from the sudden change, my hands flew to my face.

But the reflection didn't copy me.

Instead, he laughed. A cold, clear laugh, and I felt like someone was pouring cold water down my spine. It was my voice, but it had a deeper ring to it. No, not deeper, an evil ring to it.

"Wha-what the...?" I say.

"Hello Jack," says the dark reflection. "You may not recognise me, but we've known each other for a while. Subconsciously, of course."

"I don't understand," I say. "Who and what are you?"

The reflection steps out of the wall, and he becomes real. Solid. He's got his hands in his black hoodie pockets and he's got a creepy smile on his face. Shadows fall on him, which seriously helped his creepy appearance. From afar, you might think he was me, but he's actually completely different.

"I'm you! I'm Jack Frost," he says. "Well, Dark Jack Frost. The better Jack Frost."

OK, so he's me. That's new and I didn't know there was another Jack Frost. But I'm pretty sure I'm not that full of myself. I can be boastful, but not that boastful. Geez, this is confusing.

"Wow, that's harsh," I say. "And considering I'm the only Jack Frost, I don't know how you're better."

"Then who am I?" he asks. His voice is dangerous and threatening. Like he was daring me to speak against him being, well, me.

"Uhm... evil twin me? I've heard that some people have evil twins, and you certainly look the part," I say, gesturing to his darkness.

Dark Jack facepalms, cradling his head in his hand. "So naïve."

I ignored that comment, mostly because it didn't make sense. "Just tell me what's going on here."

"I'll tell you what's going on–" he started, but I cut him off.

"Yeah, that's what I asked for," I say.

"Shut up!" he snaps before clearing his throat. "For our whole time of being Jack Frost, you've been in control. It's always been you. Goody-two-shoes Jack, not me, the half that deserves to have control."

"Believe it or not, you're actually making this more confusing then before," I say honestly.

And he is! It sounds like there's two parts of me, and he's upset that I'm the dude that has control over something. Honestly, I'm offended that he called me goody-two-shoes, especially since I'm not a goody-goody and I don't wear two shoes. I don't wear any shoes.

"UGH!" he groaned. His spindly fingers laced through his black hair and he gave it a sharp tug. "Fine, I'll show you!"

He flicked his wrist, and one of the walls changed colour. It's shifted, like mist, and it turned into what seems like a screen. I've never seen a movie before or used a phone, but this is what it must be like.

But what was on the screen shocked me.

It's the Guardians. Sandy, Tooth, North and Bunny, all of them in view. They all in mid-battle, North with his swords, Bunny with his Australian boomerangs, Sandy with his gold sand whips and Tooth with her fairies. And they were all attacking in the screen's direction.

"In case you're wondering, Jack, I'm in control now," says Dark Jack. "All they see is me, the dark appearance, but they think you changed. The four of them, the famous Guardians, are afraid of you. Isn't that great?"

I shook my head violently. "No, that's not great! How did you even... come out?!"

A cruel, cold smile spread across his sickly face. "You can thank Pitch for that. It took him a while, the stupid buffoon. Don't you remember?"

I flashed back to the black sand flooding onto me, drowning and choking me.

Dark Jack wasn't finished though. "Unfortunately, Black didn't do the switch completely right, so your subconscious held control for a while. But as of a few minutes ago, I have full control over everything!"

I don't know why in the world I care, but I ask: "What happened to Pitch? After... well, everything that happened, I mean."

"Well, your subconscious had so much hate for him that..." His smile grew wider if that's even possible. "... you almost killed him. Out of pure hatred, can you believe that?"