ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

Pitch's POV:

Fear and power washed over me as the winter spirit sobbed in his sleep.

"No... please..." he murmured, his voice cracking.

It was enough. I snapped my fingers and my tendrils untied themselves from the boy. He awoke immediately, terrified and shaking. With one glance at me, he winced and curled into a ball, shielding his head with his bruised hands.

"Sleep well, Jack?" I ask. He cringed at my voice, and a new wave of fear reached me. I inhaled sharply before leaning down. I wrap my fingers around his skinny wrist and pull it away from his face. He's too weak to resist, but there is still a bit of effort to keep his face hidden. His lips were moving slightly like he were reciting something.

His voice was barely a whisper. He didn't want me to hear him.

"Just a dream. Just a dream. Just a dream."

Those three words. Over and over again. Aw, the poor thing needed to remind himself that the nightmare I gave him was not real. That Bunnymund didn't think of him like that. That he didn't have nothing. Well, there's plenty more where that came from.

"Please... leave me alone..." Jack's frail voice whimpered.

I run my slender finger up his forehead and into his bloodstained hair. He flinched at my touch, but I did nothing to harm him. My plan was working. This spirit was a child compared to the rest of us. The Guardians protected children. What would they do if one was terrified of them?

Jack Frost was my ticket to victory.

North's POV:

"I am sorry that I did not tell, but I did not get chance," I said (A/N: I'm trying to imitate his Russian accent so don't judge my grammar). But my fellow Guardians still looked furious.

"Sorry don't cut it!" Bunny snapped back.

"He's right! Jack is at Pitch's mercy, and we know Pitch doesn't have any of that!" Tooth said. "I can't bear to think about what he could be going through right now!"

"We'll save him!" I assured. Multiple symbols and signs flashed above Sandy's head. But I ignored them.

I already knew it was my fault. I was warned, but I didn't say anything to the others. If I had acted differently, maybe we'd still have the winter spirit. Maybe the other Guardians wouldn't hate me.

I had to find Jack. It was the least I owed him. He had only been missing for a few days. But a lot can happen in a few days. He is with Pitch, after all.

I don't know if I can ever get Jack to trust me again. Trust the Guardians again. We promised to protect him from Pitch, but we did the opposite. Got distracted and let Pitch get away with the boy. And now he was going through who knows what.

Then I flash back to that fight. Jack falling through the sky, then the nightmare horse catching him. His staff was left to fall. Pitch didn't go after it. He didn't have time because we were too close.

It could still be in that town.