ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ?

Tooth's POV:

"This is your last chance. Give. Me. My. Staff."

I held the broken halves of Jack Frost's staff to my chest and backed away, my wings buzzing. "No. This isn't you, Jack. Fight this... this creature!"

"Besides, mate," adds Bunny, "it's broken. What could ya want with it?"

I almost slapped him right there. How could he tell this awful version of Jack that his most important possession was snapped in two when it was literally right here. He could actually see it for himself!

This Jack scared me more then I'd like him to, and I didn't want to aggravate him.

"That is none of your business, is it? You stayed out of my life for the last, let's see, three hundred years. I bet you wouldn't mind running off again." His voice rose to a yell. "Do what you do best and forget I ever existed! That's what everyone else does!"

"Jack, that not true," says North, though he sounded uncertain.

"Li-" he drew out the 'i' for an extra second "-ar! Nobody can see me and the only way I could get attention was by causing trouble. Even then, you were like 'Eh, who cares'. You've never been alone! I've spent three hundred years alone and your Oh-so-godly Moon didn't give a damn."

"Manny did–" I began.

He let out a cold and empty laugh. "Please. He created me and gave me a life I never wanted. That stupid moon should have left me to die! Not put me through...through this hell!"

"We understand how you're feeling, snowflake," says Bunny gently. My own heart melted at the nickname, but I don't think Dark Jack's stone one did.

"Oh, really?" snapped Dark Jack. "Is that what happened for you four? Had to wait centuries without a purpose or meaning before you became special? Lost and alone where no one can see or help you? Ignored by the only other people who could help you? Spent years figuring out what happened with absolutely no memories of your past life? Because that's how it was for me!"

I felt a stab of sadness and guilt it me, but it was quickly washed away by shock when this next thing happened.

Dark Jack's angry face scrunched up, his eyes squeezed shut, and he opened them to reveal his stunning blue eyes. His eyes were glassy, and a fat tear slid down his cheek. His hand slapped against his face and stared at the salty drop on his palm. "What the hell?"

(Not Dark) Jack's POV:

Inside Dark Jack's head...

As darkness spread into me, sending a cold and evil feeling down to my toes, I smacked away his hand. I stumbled backwards and the darkness that spewed out of his hand fell to the floor as an inky liquid.

"Get off me," I hissed as tears streamed down my face. I swiped across my cheeks with the sleeve of my hoodie. "Don't touch me again."

But he didn't say anything. He didn't move or speak. His bright eyes were unblinking, and his mouth was held in a thin line. The rise and fall of his black hoodie was the only way I could tell he was... well, alive.

"Um, hello?" I say, waving my hand a little. I don't know what scares me more; him moving or him not.

I didn't dare to get any closer. He might, I don't know, lash out at the last second like in those scary movies. You know, with those lightning fast movements that make you jump in your seat.

I looked over my shoulder, twisting my core around. Nothing but darkness and shadows. I walked over and touched the walls, running my hand down the smooth surface. Then my hand sunk into it.

Instinctively, I recoiled. I clutched my hand to my chest, my heart hammering. Curiosity hit me, and I pushed my hand into the wall again. It felt oddly weird, like thick mud. I flexed my fingers, and it encased them and gripped on.

The place where my hand was started to glow a soft blue, and expanded until the whole wall was the beautiful colour.