ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ

Dark Jack's POV:

The bruises and my soreness vanished as I stood up. Black sand slid off my body as I brushed it off. I couldn't even remember the nightmare. Or the sadness or hopelessness. No, I only felt one emotion. Pure hot anger.

I'm still shorter then Pitch, but I face him. Strands of my hair falls in front of my eyes. Its black. My whole hoodie is too. I feel... powerful, unlike ever before. I look into Pitch's golden eyes, the ones I hated for so long. The ones I feared to see.

His lip twitches, and they turn upwards into a smirk. My stomach boils with uncontrollable anger. I lunged at him, my hands on his shoulders, and I shove him back into a wall. My teeth are gritted as my mind swam through many, many ways I could get revenge.

"Feeling better Jack?" He asks, still smirking.

"What did you do to me?" I hiss. My whole body ached to hurt him. Punch him, kick him... beat him up just like he did to me.

"I made you stronger, Frost," he says. His golden eyes had a wild look in them. I couldn't recognise it. "I gave you what no one else could give you. Power."

I yell out, my hands balling his robes. I twist, throwing him into the wall with a sickening crack. Wait... it wasn't sickening. It was satisfying. Revenge felt so good, especially after all this time.

"I'm going to make you regret it," I spat. "You should never have messed with me! I said I'd make you feel my pain and I'm going to keep my promise. "

I walk over to him and I slam my foot into his gut. Again and again. He gave grunts and yells with every collision. Each time I did, a wave of revenge crashed into me, fuelling me. Finally, I punched him hard in the nose. Black blood trickles from it.

Breathing hard, I turn away and I walk out the door. Leaving him in pain and leaving an adrenaline-like feeling flowing through me. Satisfying revenge.

Pitch's POV:

I watched as Dark Jack left me. I tried to sit up to wipe the blood from my face.

It almost worked. I turned one of Moon's good to-be Guardians evil. A creature fuelled on revenge. But he didn't work for me. He worked for himself.

Jack has been pushed to the edge, and he cracked, leaving him like this. A spirit who has more power then he could control. His power and a bit of my own, because what goes together then darkness and cold?

I failed, but maybe he could finish off the Guardians for me, then I could take him out. In this form, he should hate them too. Thanks to the hate dreams I gave him. I always have a backup plan.

Tooth's POV:

I held Jack's staff in my hands. Something was horribly wrong. The light they had when we spoke to him was gone and replaced with darkness.

"What happening?" asks North.

"Ya think Pitch go to him?" says Bunny.

A series of symbols flash over Sandy's head. A snowflake, a knife and a grave. I shook my head frantically.

"No, he can't be dead. Don't even suggest that, Sandy!" I say.

Then where could he be? I ask myself. Most likely in Pitch's hideout, but Pitch hasn't been seen in centuries. So we don't know where it is. Ugh, I hate being so useless. Not knowing is the most awful feeling.

We do our own thing. I stare at the staff's black light, Bunny toys with his boomerangs, North polishes his sword and Sandy makes some golden sand figures. We need to think. Pitch would have given something away about his hideout, right?

Sandy starts tugging at North's pant leg, asking for his attention. North looks down at him, and one symbol appears in golden sand. A snowflake. His way to talk about Jack.

This gets all of our attention.

"What about him, mate?" asks Bunny. Sandy points up at a building's roof and my heart flutters with hope.

Standing there is Jack. He jumps off the building and lands easily in front of us. Except he looks different, more... evil. His hair is black, just like his hoodie. His eyes have a cold glare of hatred as he looks at us.

He gives a cold smile, showing all of the snow-white teeth I love. But I don't love them when he smiles like that.

He holds his hand out to me, clearly asking for the staff. "I believe that's mine."