ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ɪᴛ, ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ɪᴛ?

3rd Person POV:

It was over. Dark Jack was just too powerful, with his own power mixed with Pitch's dark sand. This is where the guardians would fail, where their fight for Earth's children would end. Fighting one of their own, Jack Frost's evil counterpart.

More nightmares sprung up whenever a Guardian struck them down, simply collecting their sandy bodies and putting themselves back together. It didn't help to occasionally see Dark Jack's twisted pale face laughing his chilling laugh. He knew he was going to win. They all knew he was going to win. But what was next when the Guardians finally fell?

He'd get his staff back, probably fix it, and then what? Find every person he ever crossed and do the same to them? Or worse, take it out of the children and parents, who always referred to him as that little saying Jack Frost, nipping at your nose? To them, he was nothing more.

The Guardians were backed into a tight circle, weapons raised. Sandy whipped at the horses, North swung his two swords with incredible strength behind them, and Bunny had lost one of his boomerangs and was now kicking at his opponents with his powerful back legs. Tooth hovered there helplessly, her mind spinning with possible ideas to save them.

Dark Jack, on the other hand, was overjoyed. Finally, finally, after those weeks of torture, he had the chance to take out the only people who could have saved him but didn't. They left him to rot with Pitch Black, bleeding and bruised. They were finally, finally, getting what they deserved.

Suddenly, Tooth had a brilliant plan. It was risky, that was obvious, but she couldn't think of anything better. It might be the only thing that could save them from Dark Jack's wrath.

Without another word to her friends, Tooth darted straight up. As fast as her wings could take her light little body. Up, out of the alley and into the sky. Loose dark sand hit her face and the cold stung her colourful feathers.

She could sense some nightmare horses galloping after her, and she heard Dark Jack scream in anger. But she was faster.

Tooth had to find the person who started all of this. The man who had been the cause of all Guardian problems since the Dark Ages ended. She had to find Pitch Black.

---

When she finally lost the nightmare horses, Tooth managed to find Pitch's lair. It was terrifying, but she was expecting it. This was Pitch after all. Shadows lurked around her, her own wings beating echoed against the walls, every little noise made her shiver. Her tiny hands gripped the two pieces of Jack's staff, reminding herself what she was here for.

"Pitch!" she yells. Her high voice bounced around the chambers. "Where are you, Pitch!? Come out!"

His reply was slow, mysterious, and she had no idea where he was. But she knew he was in her presence. "The Tooth Fairy. What do you want?"

"I'm not telling you anything until you come out, you coward," she says bravely. She wasn't afraid of him, not when her fellow Guardians were fighting Dark Jack out there. He was nothing compared to him.

From the corner of her eye, Tooth saw Pitch step out of the shadows. She couldn't stifle the gasp she gave when she saw his bruised, battered face. Even the shadows couldn't hide how purple his face was. He walked with an obvious limp, his arm in a sling.

"What happened to you?" she says softly.

"That is irrelevant, Tooth Fairy. Why are you here?"

She told him. Tooth explained everything since she saw Jack and how he changed. How he had both the power of cold and dark. The way he showed his anger and his revenge. Pitch listened in silence, nodding his head and thinking. At last, Tooth told him her plan.

"So..." she says cautiously, "will you help me?"