Chapter 15 - Trelawney

~Astra~

Little Star,

I'm worried for you. Does Harry Potter not have any ideas what could have happened? That sounds like the Imperius Curse, and if there is someone on Hogwarts grounds casting that, I'm afraid that your safety might be in danger. He is doing all he can to keep you safe, correct?

Why does Colette think you're a seer? I'm afraid I can't remember if we have any relatives who were seers; pureblood genealogies are very complicated. But surely there is another explanation for your dreams, if you don't like that one.

Stay safe, my dear. I love you.

Love, Orion.

~~~~

I was done spiraling. Whatever Trelawney ended up telling me, I was going to stay sane. According to Colette, most people had thought I'd gone mad over the weekend.

Luckily, talking to Mr. Potter had actually managed to pull me together. I was starting to get used to the idea, too. I didn't like it, at all, obviously. But I wasn't going to let it destroy me. Even Colette seemed mildly relieved, and Albus, Wren, and James (who still had no idea what was going on) were simply excited to see me getting back to myself, finally.

That gave me time to think about other things.

For example: current events. There had been another botched DA mission recently, and two ten-year-olds had ended up in St. Mungo's because of it. Cecilee Hardins, one of Stillens' spies in Parliament who also happened to head the Improper Use of Magic Office, had taken the excuse to declare all magic used for DA purposes improper, which was bad enough. Worse, according to Wren, Mr. Potter was just a little bit worried that there was a spy in the DA, based on his request to very quietly see what she could find out about where Stillens had operatives.

That was depressing to think about, since there was absolutely nothing I could do about it (wow, helplessness and being out of control were really just becoming the defining traits of my life), so I tended to focus on other things, either better things, or things I felt like I had some say in.

For example, I found I was entirely fine with the concept of Albus having a girlfriend, now. Poppy was nice, I supposed. Maybe I'd get to know her better through all this, which could only be a good thing. More importantly, Albus seemed happier than he'd been in a while. That was good.

Not so good was what I was watching Wren do to James. The fact that it had been almost three months, now, since Zaria Hempsey had first threatened to kill her, and the girl still hadn't decided to let James know, was bad enough. Now, though, Zaria was actively trying to sabotage her. She was only paying Nico to spy, now, sure, but who was to say what she might resort to soon if that didn't work.

And Wren still didn't want to tell James.

I didn't understand her. Of course, James did have a temper, but it wasn't uncontrollable. If she just explained what she was worried about, he would do everything he could to make sure it wasn't a problem. Did she not know that? Surely she knew that.

He deserved to know. If she was going to tell Albus and Colette and me, she needed to tell James, too. They were dating, for goodness sakes. And, of course, I wouldn't tell him what was going on. That was something she needed to do, even if it was taking her a little too long to do it. It wasn't my place.

But I could pester her about it as much as I wanted to, provided James didn't happen to be around at the time.

For the next few days, I took every chance I got to try to convince Wren to go talk to him, to no avail. In class, I would pass her notes that she eventually just burned under the desk. In the common room, I would bring up the subject in every conceivable way, until she simply moved to sit by Lacy and Iris.