8

"katie, elliott, i need to talk to you. especially now since phil's preoccupied."

"lemme guess dan, is it about phil and (y/n)?"

"ugh obviously. did you see the way he frowned when katie told him he was sick?"

"goodness gracious, it was the most heartbreaking thing i've ever seen. he looks like a lost pupper."

"exactly! now i've been thinking. we should set them up."

"but how exactly should we do that?"

"i was getting to that. we set them up on blind dates, but their dates will end up being with each other. but — wait, wait, wait. do you guys know if (y/n) takes any form of interest in phil? i don't wanna force him into something if he's not interested."

"i think that's a genius plan! ells and i always tease him about finding a boyfriend because he always complains about being lonely. and plus, he obviously does take interest in him, but has like, the worst case of denial i've ever seen."

"i agree with both y'all on this one. but don't you think this is going by a little too in quickly? it's only been like, 5 days of knowing each other."

"that's the point of dates. you get to know each other personally before hopping into a relationship."

"okay true. i'm in then."

"so it's settled.."