CHAPTER 20

KATE'S POV:

I woke up and I was surrounded with all the people I loved, I tried to move but i couldn't and my stomach hurt so much and well I knew I lost the baby because my stomach wasn't moving as it would when I was asleep. I looked over to Dan and he looked like he was crying and he had someone drop a bomb on him.

"Hey your awake"

"How long was I asleep for?"

"A few days but your ok now"

"Everything hurts"

"Yeah you will be sore for a while"

"The baby?"

"I'm sorry but it passed"

"NO, noo, I am so stupid why did I let this happen"

"Hey, shh its going to he ok Kate it will be"

"Did they say why?"

"They said it was a Placental Abruption."

Just like that my world was torn upside down I couldn't handle it, I broke down and cried and Dan came to me and hugged me.. He was still recovering from being stabbed and he was comforting me. Dan held me as the tears fell from my eyes and how I couldn't believe that our baby was gone. I never thought that losing someone that I never even met yet had taken so much of my heart and now its broken into a million pieces.. Dan and I laid like this with my head on his shoulder and started to drift off to a piecefull sleep..

Three day's later and I was told I was allowed to go home. Dan was allowed to too and we headed back to his flat. I got in and sat on the lounge, my stomach was sore and I couldn't believe that I would be back here and with Dan. he was so supportive of me and I couldn't stand how he was being all calm about it all.. We had just lost a baby and yes he may have not known her for long but at least he could do was tell me what's wrong. it was making me feel uneasy and I wanted to scream at him..

Dan's POV:

After Kate and I were home we headed back to try and get our lives on track, I hated seeing her in hostpial and I hated how she was attacked and now she lost a baby, someone who hadn't been born yet had stolen my heart was now gone, it made me think how life could be so cruel and how that I hated her for going to the bathroom when she should of went in my private one that I had. at least we could of checked on her sooner and maybe she wouldn't of been in the pain she was in now. I went to our room and sat on the bed alone. I was in there for a few hours when Kate came in and asked if I was ok. I wasn't and I couldn't hold back what I was saying to her...

"NO I AM NOT KATE..."

"I was only asking and I am sorry, I'll go and leave you alone"

"DONT I WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO ME AND I HAVE SOME THINGS THAT I NEED TO SAY"

"ooh ok, I am listening"

"IF YOU DIDNT GO OFF YOU WOULD BE STILL PREGNANT AND IF YOU DIDNT LET KYLE GO WITH YOU OUR BABY WOULD STILL BE HERE TOO

"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING DAN?"

"IM SAYING ITS YOUR FAULT AND YOU HAD TO TRY AND LET AARON BE A GOOD GUY WHEN HE HAD YOU AT GUN POINT"

"IT WASNT HIS FAULT THAT HE WAS SICK"

"OH SO THAT MAKES IT OK?"

"NO IM NOT SAYING THAT"

"THEN WHAT ARE YOU SAYING KATE?"

"I DONT KNOW OK"

like that she was now crying again and she was like someone was crushing her dreams but I had to tell her that I was thinking these things and I wanted her to know..
she came over to me and tried to touch me but I didn't want to,

"DONT FUCKING TOUCH ME"

"WHY ARE YOU BEING LIKE THIS DAN?"

"BECAUSE EVER SINCE YOU WALKED INTO MY LIFE I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAVE YOU AND AT THE MOMENT I AM GETTING SICK OF IT"

"SO WHAT YOU SAID TO ME AFTER WE FIRST HAD SEX AND HOW YOU SAID YOU LOVE ME, DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING NOW?"

"NO IT DOESNT BECAUSE I LOVED YOU BUT NOW I CANT STAND YOU...."

I knew I was being harsh but I was grieving too and I needed to tell her what had to be said.

Kate was now sobbing, she sat on the bed next to me and I got up and headed out and shut the door. she was now sitting in the room crying. I couldn't deal with it so I headed out and went to Kyles place..

"Hey Dan where is Kate?"

"At home I don't want to talk about her at the moment"

"Ok, come in and we will order pizza and watch movies Janna is in the kitchen"

I sat down and all I could think about is how Kate was feeling and at that moment Kyle snapped me out of my thoughts..

Kate's POV:

after Dan had said what he did, I got my stuff and left his flat he made it clear he didn't want to be with me anymore so he doesn't have to worry.. I left a note and took all the stuff that reminded me of him and us being together and headed out and got into a taxi and said goodbye to being Dan Smiths girlfriend..

Dan's POV:

I had arrived back home after being at Kyles and it was all dark and quiet.. I walked into our bedroom to see Kate not there and I thought this was weird. I checked the spare room and saw her stuff gone and a note on the counter.

Dan,

You said what you needed to say and what was on your mind and i get you are upset I am too. I can't do this anymore and so i once you've read this letter you will see I've left. I am so sorry for turning your life upside down and making it worse. Please don't contact me I am fine.

I love you with my whole heart and I can't thank you for saving me.

Goodbye,

Love Kate X