5 years later

Kate's pov:

5 years since I last saw him, 5 years it took for my heart to get over him. After I left Dan i headed to a shelter where I was able to live for a few months before I got enough money from working mulitpal jobs. After getting a manager's job at a flower shop I was happy, I hadn't dated since Dan and i didn't want too. I was having my life on track when i saw him come in and it turned my world upside down. I had just come out from putting an order of 12 roses away for a customer, i walked back to register with my back turned i herd a voice. A customer was asking how much six white roses were? I turned around and replied "they are £20" I knew that voice and so i turned around and he saw me. He was older and had blonde hair that was shaved. I smiled and got his order ready when he spoke "Kate?" He said with shock and sadness in his tone. I tried so hard for him not to see me get shaken but he could see it. "How have you been?" He said now concerned i didn't reply. It had been 5 years since I last saw him and it has taken me so long to get over him. After the loss of the baby who was a girl I didn't know how to move on. She would be 5 years old if I didn't do what i did. Maybe we could of been together. I snapped out of my thoughts and wrapped up the flowers for him. "Don't worry about paying." I said now turning my back to him and arranging the flowers that needed to be sent out for the next order when Dan spoke, "It's been 5 years since I last saw you and I'm sorry that said those things to you. I shouldn't have and I'm sorry" he said with a sad expression on his face. I stared at him and then spoke "Its fine Dan, you were angry and I was too. Now was that all?" I said handing him his flowers when he spoke again "Yes I want you to come and put these flowers on our daughter grave" he said while I teared up. Tomorrow would be the 5 year anniversary of her death and I was going to go out there and clean up her plaque and leave tulips as they were the flowers i chose when I we had her buried.

*flashback*
3 days after I had left Dan's and I was in the woman's shelter I went to the funeral home to get Avery buried because I was 32 weeks they were allowing me to have a funeral as stillborn babies don't get to have a send off. I was heartbroken and it was only me I didn't want Dan knowing or coming he has done his damage. But then I thought maybe I should let him say goodbye. So i called him up and he answered.
"Hello? Kate, where are you i am so sorry please know I didn't mean to hurt you" he said crying. I was silent for a bit and then spoke once I got myself together "Avery's funeral is tomorrow at 11am. Please be there" I said before giving Dan a chance to say anything i hung up the phone and cried my eyes out.
The day had come and her coffin was so small it was white and I had her flowers, tulips on it. I turned and saw Dan he was in a black suit and tie. He came over to me and held my hand I squeezed it and then let go. We watched as our baby was lowered into the ground her small white coffin getting lower and lower.. They let us bury her and I was able to pick out a plaque for her. That read Avery Joy Smith
After everyone who came had left, it was now me and Dan. I watched as he wiped away his tears and hug me. I didn't hug back as I was too distraught to do anything. Dan let go of me and I watched as he walked away. It was now me staring at her grave. After it started to rain i headed home. Getting in the taxi i headed back to my shelter and laid on my bed. I had to find the strength to carry on..
*end of flashback*