[prologue #00]

Despite the silence, it was never really quiet. The low hum of a recording device served as a constant presence.

At first all you could hear was a chair being pulled out, metal scraping against metal. Then, the rustle of cloth as someone removed their (cloak? jacket?) and sat down.

"Beginning interrogation of SS+ rated ghoul Owl."

"Hehehe... I'll eat you." There was a long silence, then another fit of giggles. Soon they turned to low mumbling, only able to be heard because of the silence around him. "Stupiddumbshittyhungrykillkillstupid..."

The sound of paper sliding over a smooth surface, then "this is a file about all of the Aogiri executives. Can you confirm or deny any of this information."

Now the ramblings stopped. A loud smack resounded, like someone had slammed their hand down just where the recording device lay.

"Eto." It was one word, but loaded with enough emotion for several sentences. Then, in a fake high pitch voice the person continued "can you do it? I don't think you'll be good enough, you're scared. Scared scaredscared! Aren't you hungry?" The high pitch disappeared as he answered his own (Eto's?) question.

"I'm starving."

A click. The recording stoped, the barely audible buzz of technology finally quieting completely.