[another chance #03]

"Don't you fucking dare!"

A heavy blow connects with his abdomen and he flies back, stumbles onto the floor and struggles up in time to see Tatara advancing. This is good. This is fine.

This is fine. Finefine-fineee! His life isn't the important one. Buy time, buy time his muddled brain screeches at him but it's getting harder to move now. His body won't obey and he's thrown into the same wall once again.

He, Tatara, take out the trash first so they won't interfere 's that it? The wall creams behind him, spindly cracks marking it from where his body made impact. Another hit will come any time now, harder and faster than those before it.

Takizawa knows what he needs to do. Pain is something he hasn't learned to tolerate, it is something he has learned to dismiss. Despite the humming of a hundred-no a thousand crickets that vibrates inside of his skull and the blood dripping down his arms and stomach he can form a coherent thought. Barely.

Raging flames close in, and with the grace of a cat- a drowned, abused cat but a cat nonetheless- Takizawa leaps to the side as Tatara's kakuja connects with the wall.

Like an owl, Takizawa's head snaps around and from his shoulder spikes shoot out, ranging from blood red to a deep purple.

Under the force of Tatara's ferocious attack the wall has broken and owl's assault sends him through it, falling down towards the rocky cliffs below.

Takizawa stares down the cliff for a second, then the injuries he has sustained catches up to him and he stumbles backwards to avoid falling to a fate similar to that of Tatara. With a heavy sigh a hand reaches out to steady himself against the wall, staring it in blood.

Sharp nails claws at his insides and his left eye is dilated, arms shaking, breaths coming out in wheezes.

Hungry... so so hungry.

A sweet smell draws his attention and he instantly knows what the cause is. Nonono he can't not here not in front of- but he can, a raspy voice whispers to him. He can tear them all limb for limb. He's strong, he killed Tatara he deserve this. It's his reward.

He can't help the way his lips part in a chilling smile as he turns toward the remains soldiers, barely aware of his actions.