Chapter 1

Here it is, the first chapter of Journey to a Better End is finally here! I shall say no more and allow you all to read...
____________________________________

       The nightmare was still fresh on his mind. His past memories just refused to fade away and had yet again woken him up way too early to his liking. It bothered him that he couldn't get a good night's rest. This nightmare had been different from the last one but nothing new to him. Images of his mother carrying him to safety and away from his own father still flashed through his mind.

       That same man that Add had grown to despise was the same one that his mother sometimes wished she could see again despite all of the things that he'd done. Add knew for a fact that it had to be love that kept his mother so attatched to his long gone father. It was something that Add thought would only lead to mischief and broken heartedness, the same things that he knew his mother faced because of the love she'd lost.

       If his father had withheld enough common sense to know that experimenting on his own son was wrong, perhaps he could have gone with them to their current time period. His mother wouldn't be experiencing so much grief then. Instead, his mother had to take him and flee, locking them both in the library. It was unintentional but Dynamo, a servant of the library, had sent them hundreds of years into the future where they found themselves safe but broken nevertheless.

       Add had only been seven at the time. They became travelers, moving from place to place for a very long time until they stumbled across the quiet village that they now resided in. They were not warriors like the others in the village but their knowledge earned them much respect. "Master Add, might I ask why you are awake at this hour? I belive you prefer to stay asleep past this time. Is something bothering you?" Dynamo asked as he floated into the room.

       Add wasn't particularly fond of the nasod servant since his father had programed it to turn him into a weapon. It had successfully transferred a majority of the library's information into his head and if his mother had not been there to stop Dynamo from carrying out his purpose, Add wouldn't exactly be where he is now. Add pushed the little floating nasod away from him, reminded once more of the scar that he was given.

       "Leave me alone, Dynamo," Add muttered. He was sitting up in his bed, staring around his room without a particular thought in mind. He suddenly felt the chilly air that had been there all along but had only bothered him until then. "Master Grace is still asleep. Should I wake her?" Dynamo said. "Leave my mother alone too. Come on, I'm heading out," Add said scratching his head. He got out of bed and got dressed. It was already getting cold and the winter season had only just begun.

       Add left his room, looking into his mother's room to make sure that she was okay, and then proceeding to leave the house. He sighed in relief as the morning breeze blew through his hair easing his agitated nerves. A faint sound suddenly caught his attention sending chills down his spike. Was that laughter? It could have just been some wild animal off in the bamboo forest surrounding the village. Add shook the thought from his mind and continued down the path that led into the village.

       If he was not mistaken, she should have also been awake too. After a bit more walking, Add found himself crossing her yard and he spotted her standing among all but one of her siblings. He stopped on the path for a moment, contemplating whether or not he should ask her if she wanted to join him on his walk to the village. He had decided not to bother her but quickly changed his mind when he saw one of her siblings push her to the ground. The rest seemed to be trowing insults at her and she just sat there and took them.

       "Master Add, it's impolite to stare," Dynamo chided. "Shut up," Add said in response. When they seemed to be leaving her alone, Add began walking to her. She sat there with her wooden spear in hand staring at it intently. "Why do you let them do that to you?" Add asked once her siblings were gone and he was within earshot of her. "They already don't like me. If I cause any more conflict with them, it will just increase their dislike and cause more problems," Ara replied without looking up to him.