Chapter 33

So far...things haven't been going to well for our protagonists...maybe things will change...maybe not. Sorry about the super disturbing chapter last time. It's for the later plot, I promise.
____________________________________

        Things were not going well with Ara Haan. She was currently tied up with tape over her mouth as she sat in the middle of a transportation unit and being brought to Altera city by Proto and the memebers of the Crow Mercenaries. Proto was taking Ara to Add which wasn't an entirely bad thing but if Add didn't answer the questions that those in high ranks in Altera had for him, Ara would be killed right in front of him. She'd probably be killed anyway once Add finished answering if he decided to answer.

        "Stop you're complaints. You're only making things harder for us," Raven said, avoiding Ara's gaze. He'd been the one to catch her, catching Eun off guard by "going invisible" as Eun put it. Eun had faught bravely up until that point and Ara was dismayed to find that Eun had failed to get her out of the situation although she knew it was her fault in the first place. If she'd just left when Eun had told her to, none of this would be happening.

        "Raven, are you sure that Ara did something like that. Committing treason is serious and especially from her. Ara would never do that to Add would she?" Owen asked, still unsure about the lie Raven had told him to keep him from learning the truth. Strangely enough, it seemed that Owen was completely unaware of whatever was going on behind closed doors. He only knew of the outside plan rather than the intended plan.

        "It may be hard to believe but yes, Ara is a traitor. She was trying to turn our location in to Eve for Add's release. We can't allow that," Seris said. Owen still seemed unsure though. "But why wait until the day of our most important mission. We're delivering the code card to Altera's core. If she were to give our location away, she'd be killing everyone on this floating island, including Add because of the explosion that the unstablized core will cause if we don't use that code card," Owen reasoned.

        "Owen, for the last time, shut up and stop asking so many damn questions. The demon's obviously a traitor and is by no means innocent," Barton snapped. "Barton!" Zohan said in a warning tone. "What? If the boy can't accept plain facts then he'll never get anywhere. Why do you think he's always the one getting hurt and kidnapped. His weak mind let's him believe everything that anyone says to him," Barton said. "Barton, that's enough!" Seris snapped.

        The damage had already been done though. Owen's usually cheerful yet nervous, but had currently been concerned, eyes glossed over with sadness and he glance at Ara. He still seemed like he wanted to say more to prove her innocence but he remained quiet with his gaze locked on the floor near Ara. "Ara, touch Owen for a second. I can relay my words to him if you come in contact with him. I believe he will be our way out," Eun said. Since Ara was in the middle of everyone, all she had to do was scoot more towards Owen a bit but she didn't want to seem suspicious.

        "Stop trying to escape, Ara. You aren't going anywhere," Fred muttered, noticing that Ara was pulling at the ropes that bound her. What everyone didn't know was that she was slowly making her way towards Owen who gave her an apologetic glance. When she was close enough, she gave up her act and sat still as she fake sulked. Her arm brushed up against Owen's leg and he looked down at her again still giving her an apologetic look.

        "If you keep lookng at her, you'll only make your resolve weaker. Well, it's not like you had a strong resolve anyway," Barton muttered. Zohan, who was sitting next to him, punched his arm to which Barton huffed in annoyance. "Owen, this is Eun. Keep your gaze on the floor and listen to me," Eun said. Ara could hear her but now Owen could as well and Ara could tell because his eyes widened in surprise a bit.