Chapter 6

I got another chapter here to be read. Hopefully it's great enough to draw in more of your interest.
____________________________________

       He seemed to be no more than a child which was what caused Ara to hesitate a bit, but as she kept her gaze on this newcomer, she could tell that he was far more dangerous that a child. His attire and one unusual eye gave that away along with his words upon meeting them. Ara could also sense the strange aura that radiated from her and it gave her the feeling of fear. The laugh that the child gave them creeped her out even more.

       For a second, she considered retrieving Eun but the hairpin was in the bag that she had fastened to her back. "Ara...run," Add said as he slowly stood up with Dynamo in his arms. "Run where? You're trapped," the child said with a tilted head and a sly smile. Ara just stood there with her spear still pointed at the child. "What do you want from us? Why are you here?" Add asked as his invention circled him as if waiting for the command to attack.

       The child laughed again. "You, to be another version of me, are very clueless aren't you," the child said. A realization struck Ara as the child said these words. He looked just like Add did when he was younger if you took out the fact that one of his eyes was diffetent and his outfit was dark themed. "What are you talking about?" Add growled, his invention letting out a few sparks to match his unease.

       "We are the same person. I'm just from a different timeline and you are taking my place. Mother should be caring about me, not the likes of you. You don't know what she went through but I do and for that reason, I must get rid of you," the child snapped. Ara was speechless, not exactly understanding, or rather not believing, what was happening until she thought back on what had been going on. "You're the reason my mother hates me. You caused the gap in time did you," Ara said.

       Add glanced at her, slight curiosity in his eyes. "How nice of you to realize that. I am indeed responsible for everything that has taken place today, including your family's death. It was going to happen eventually, but I just needed to speed time up a little bit. You reminded me of someone that tried to talk me out of my goal. I didn't like that so I decided to invite you to the party along with this timeline's version of me. Hm? That face you're making. Could it be that you want to kill me?" the child said, ending it all with laughter.

       Ara was shaking with rage as she glared at the child. Wanting to kill him was an understatement at the moment. "Ara, don't," Add said, his voice soft and calming which was very unusual for him. Ara looked at him and saw fear in his eyes as he stared back at her which startled her. "You still didn't quite answer my question so I'll ask you again. What do you want from us?" Add said as he looked back at the child. The child laughed at him for a bit before answering.

        "Why that's simple. I'm going to get rid of you two and live forever with mother," the child said. It was such small movement but Ara noticed it. Add was slowly inching backwards, away from the crazy child. "You don't have to do that. Killing someone isn't the solution to your problem," Ara said. The child tilted his head at her. "You're right. It's not the solution...but it is a last resort. Have fun trying to survive this year's harsh cold. I heard that it's the worst it's been in years," the child said and bursted into maniacal laughter.

       Before Ara or Add could do anything, a very unusual hole appeared under them both and they fell through it. "With your presence now eliminated from my sight, I can now be more than the Mad Paradox that I am!" the child said which was of course followed by laughter. Ara could care less though. She was frightened as she and Add fell through the shadowy darkness that occasionally showed a flash of purple.

       A sudden force pushed her away from Add and she yelped, not wanting to be separated from him. He noticed and tried to reach out to her but just as he did, Add disappeared with a flash of white light. Before Ara could react, a light similar to it blinded her and she was forced to close her eyes. A sudden cold front shocked her senses but she refused to open her eyes, fearing what she might see if she did. Her fall came to a sudden halt as she came in contact with what felt a lot like snow.