Chapter 13

So what if I told you guys that I forgot the chapter number and had to go back and find what it was supposed to be?
____________________________________

        When Ara left him in silence again, he immediately began to search for something to keep his mind occupied. He couldn't fix Dynamo which really did bother him but that didn't mean that he had completely given up on the idea. Instead he decided to focus on his nasod invention that he had yet to name. In fact, it was a name that he intended to give it but naming a weapon of massive destruction was no easy task. He didn't know how long he had sat there starring at his weapons or floating them around him before he had come up with a decent enough name.

         He would call the set Nasod Drive...well, actually, now that he thought about it again, that didn't quite sound right either. Add sighed in frustration as he erased the supposed name from his mind. He looked around the room for inspiration that he was likely not to find since everything was Hamel themed but then his eyes landed on Dynamo. Add blinked once he saw Dynamo sitting the when he'd left him. The idea came to him, to use that name for his new weapon. It seemed appropriate and had a nice ring to it too.

        Add slightly smiled at the idea and ran the name through his mind over and over as he thought of having his childhood nasod attendant live on through the name of his weapon. He wanted to share the new name with someone, Ara to be specific but the girl wasn't there. In fact, she hadn't been there for a while now and Add had just realized it, suddenly getting a bit concerned. Just as he'd gotten up and headed to the door, he heard a knock. He expected the maid to just open the door, returning with Ara but there was just another knock at the door, making Add a bit suspicious.

        He opened the door with his dynamos ready to attack just in case he needed to. He was thoroughly shocked to see that it was General Astrin standing at the door with Ara, seemingly unconscious, being carried by him. Add was at a loss for words. He was enraged, confused, shocked, jealous, and relieved all at the same time. "You'll come with me or your friend here will find you missing when she wakes up," Astrin said. "What the hell did you do to her?" Add growled, his dynamos giving of a dangerous voltage of electricity as be glared at Astrin.

        "Oh nothing. I just knocked her out is all. I'd say that was showing her a bit of mercy considering what she did to me. Now come on. You're wasting time," Astrin said and he began walking away with Ara. "What?!" Add said. He was still quite confused but he didn't like the fact that Ara was anywhere near the corrupted general so he followed after him. "Put Ara down! If it's me you have a problem with then don't pull her into this!" Add said, truly not wanting Ara to be involved with anything that Astrin might be dragging him into.

         "No can do. I've got to be sure you won't get out of this one so I need collateral. You seem to like her a bit more than average considering that the last time you were in Hamel, you only cared about your mother's well-being," Astrin said as he continued to walk. Add's eye twitched slightly at Astrin's more than obvious statements. "Take her hairpin and give her to me," Add blurted out without thinking for once. He winced once he realized what he'd just done. Ara's power came from that hairpin, or so it seemed so.

         "How do I know you won't leave without it? What's it to the girl anyway?" Astrin said as he suddenly stopped, a mischievous look in his eyes. "She wouldn't let me leave without it. It's the only reminded of her mother's last words to her. She'd kill me if I lost it," Add half lied. Astrin studied him for a bit before shrugging. He suddenly just dropped Ara, swiping the hairpin from her hair as he did. If it weren't for Add's quick reaction and his dynamo's speed, Ara would have hit the pearly white floors.

        "You bastard!" Add growled as he rushed forward to make sure that Ara was okay. It was literally then that he truly took notice of her wardrobe change and a sweet flowery scent flooded his senses. Ara seemed at peace despite her current situation. Add picked her up and followed after Astrin who had continued walking, miraculously avoiding all guards or any other person likely to walk by.