Chapter 18

I bet you guys have been waiting for this chapter to happen. I won't delay you any longer...
____________________________________

        Astrin stepped into the area that Add had cleared although the smoke was already slowly disappearing. "You've gotten in my way for the last time," Astrin said but Add ignored his words and focused on his actions. One wrong move and Add could end up like those guards or be at the mercy of Astrin's blade. He hoped that Astrin was so blinded by his revenge that he didn't even think of using that instantaneously fatal poison of his.

       "Uneasy I see. You don't really know what I'm capable of. How about I show you," Astrin said with a smirk. He lounged forward with his sword which Add dodged but he was still hit by one of Astrin's spells that threw him off balance. Add was on the ground only for a couple of seconds though, springing backwards to put some distance between him and Astrin. Astrin charged at him again but this time, Add decided to charge as well instead of attempting to dodge Astrin's attack.

        Add successfully backfliped over Astrin who had assumed Add would duck and had aimed his blade downward at the last minute. While he was still in the air, three of Add's dynamos gathered around his hand and he attacked Astrin's back with an electrical pulse of energy. Astrin staggered forward but swung his blade again before Add could fully make his recovery which left Add with no option other than to dodge the blade. He began to feel the edges of his clothes singe as he continued to dodge several consecutive fire based attacks.

        Add was tired of this though and decided to attempt an attack. He risked letting himself get burned a little just to strike Astrin in the chest with another pulse of energy that stunned him and caused him to lose balance. Add winced at the pain that the slight burn had caused but ignored it from there on as he dashed forward and hit Astrin with two electrical shocks followed by an electrical blast. Astrin was blown a good distance away from him when the attack landed and Add himself was surprised at how much energy could be generated from his dynamos.

        He didn't exactly know how to fully use them nor did he know their potential so he could only fight on instinct. Seeing what his dynamos could really do sort of amazed him but he didn't let himself get caught up in the moment. Astrin had gotten up and was charging at him again, his sword now on fire. Add knew he couldn't just repeat his actions but he couldn't dodge either since Astrin had lit his sword aflame. He couldn't just stand there either but what else could he do?

        Add's dynamos acted on their own though and erupted with power that surrounded him and caused him to begin floating off of the ground.This action alone was enough to keep Astrin from coming near him since he probably didn't know what to expect but neither did Add. He was barely able to keep himself steady as he floated, confused as to why his dynamos had done what they'd done. Unfortunately, Astrin noticed this and continued his charge which sent Add into panic.

        He directed the energy downwards to try to create a distraction but instead, something much better happened. The energy broke through the ground and a series of electrical explosions bursted from the ground in front of him, traveling right to Astrin. Add was glad that he was able to do something but he felt the energy that he'd just used leave him after the attack. "You little brat! You're no mage yet you're able to use magic? You possess no type of training either and yet you're able to carry out such a destructive attack!" Astrin growled as he stood up seemingly unphased by Add's attack which scared him.

        He saw the attack's destructive power and yet Astrin was completely unharmed. Again Add attacked, sending a blast of energy from his dynamos but it hit what seemed to be a shield of some sort before even getting to Astrin. "You like my skill? It's called Repel. You can't hurt me anymore. I've got enough mana to keep this thing up until I kill you but I think I'll torture you first," Astrin said. Add wanted to attack again but his dynamos deceased their power output and he stopped floating.