Chapter 8

So we left off where again? Oh wait, nevermind, I remember now.
____________________________________

       Ara was actually quite shocked at her own actions. She usually didn't retaliate in such an manner when she was angry but Add had given her a good reason for it. Perhaps Ara should have told him that she wasn't heading back to the burrow and was trying to save his life. Maybe she should have just hit him to begin with for leaving after she had begged for him not to. Ara did not beg for anything, ever.

        Ara thought over this as she dragged Add's unconscious body along. Her head hurt like hell thanks to that stupid rock that she happened to fall onto when Add caused her to fall. The bleeding had stopped but the excruciating headache refused to fade away. "You know, I can help with that headache of yours." Ara didn't respond, already knowing who it was that had spoken. She had put Eun's hairpin in her hair before leaving to find Add.

        "Why didn't you tell me he left. You should have known. Your familiars were watching him the whole time," Ara said referring to the three foxes that turned out to be nothing more than fox spirits send by Eun. "Before you catch an attitude there, might I bring up the fact that you're borrowing some of my power right now to keep yourself going?" Eun said. "I am not. I never even asked for your power and I don't even know how to use it," Ara growled as she trudged on.

        "Well you sure didn't seem like it a moment ago when you got angry at the albino boy. In your blind fit of anger, you swiped my power without knowing it. You didn't eben get a good fraction of it so none of my traits appeared except my signature red face markings. Oh, your eyes might have held a bit of fierceness too," Eun ranted. Ara had stopled listening though. She stopped to survey their surroundings seeing that the city was nowhere in sight.

        "Ara, the albino boy. You should check on him," Eun suggested. "Stop calling him that. His name is Add," Ara muttered as she knelt down next to him. She checked his pusle finding that it was rather weak. Ara muttered a false curse as she dropped her bag and Dynamo who was attached to it and took off the coat that she was wearing. "I knew I should have given you this before now," Ara said, scolding herself.

        She pulled Add to her, doing her best to wrap him in the coat. Even though Ara herslef was cold, Add was colder and Ara blamed herself for not keeping watch over him knowing that he wanted to leave and expose himself to such harsh conditions. "Eun, that city, how far away is it?!" Ara asked, desperation starting to show up in her voice. "You are almost there but if you don't hurry, your friend won't make it there," Eun said with complete seriousness unlike her earlier playful attitude.

        "Lend me your strength then. I need to get him there quickly," Ara said. "I'm afraid I can't do that without risking your own life. Your physical limitations are already being tried by this weather and you aren't mentally prepared for me to force my power to you. The sheer force of it will knock you unconscious much like our first two meetings," Eun said. "But he'll die," Ara said. "And so would you," Eun warned.

        Ara didn't just sit there and waste time though. She picked up the bag and slung it over on shoulder after and continued to pull Add along once again. "I don't intended to worry you any further but the boy's condition is worsening. I can take control over you while you are unconscious but it will leave some undesirable side effects. Do not just carelessly accept this offer. Think for a bit," Eun said when Ara had to stop again from fatigue. She checked Add's pulse again almost having a heart attack when she almost couldn't find it.

         "I don't care what happens to me. I can't let anyone else die on my watch. Just get us to that city before he dies, please," Ara pleaded. "Very well then. I shall carry out you request," Eun said. Ara suddenly felt a rush of energy but soon after, her mind went blank. Her senses faded and she no longer felt the harsh weather's effects. For a moment she felt at peace. All of her worries vanished and she found herself feeling quite free.