Chapter 28

I don't seem to have a note this time but if you guys have any questions, just let me know.
____________________________________

        He woke up with a pretty bad headache, unsure of why his head hurt so badly when he'd been almost certain he'd had a peacful, uninterrupted sleep. Then he noticed that he was extra warm and saw strands of black hair blocking his vision. "Ara...why does this keep happening?" he tiredly muttered as he woke her. She was resting her head just below his neck and probably hadn't realized that she'd turned towards him in her sleep.

        "Morning already? But I don't like mornings...so tired," Ara whinned. It was then that Add realized a very important detail about his whereabouts. "Ara, when did we switch sides? I could have sworn you'd taken the side away from the door," Add asked as Ara sat up, looked around a bit, and flopped back onto the bed pulling the covers over her head. "Ara, I'm serious," Add said as he nudged Ara a bit. She growled, and I mean she literally growled, which caused Add to raise an eyebrow but he said nothing and gave up on his attempt to wake Ara. She'd get up in time enough for the mission anyway.

        He sighed before he got out of bed and searched for what he'd wear that day. He had been given a new set of clothes that he was very reluctant to wear but his previous and most loved outfit had not been washed so he was forced into wearing something new. He would certainly miss the white cat hooded jacket and the black and purple shirt that held his family symbol on it. He loved that symbol and so did his mother. It meant a lot to them both.

        "Ara, I'm heading out. Don't be too late getting up or we'll have to leave you behind and go on this mission ourselves," Add said as he picked up the new set of clothes. Ara replied with a muffled "ok" before he left so he could change. The clothes were simple and sort of tight fitting consisting of a black t-shirt, a white and black jacket, and black pants with white stipes going horizontally across the bottom.

        Add huffed in annoyance at the difference in comfort that they provided, his own clothes being far better and could outrank his current outfit any day. Once changed, Add headed downstairs where he found the dinning hall already filled with members of the Crow Mercenaries. Add spotted Owen sitting alone at the table he was at yesterday. He seemed a bit distraught. "What's up with you?" Add asked as he sat across from him. Owen was a bit startled by his sudden appearance.

        "Oh, hello Add. I um, I'm sort of unsure of how this mission will go. You see...well, can you keep a secret for me?" Owen said. Add just stared at him feeling a bit awkward and unsure of how he should handle the situation. "Sure...I don't see why not?" Add said as he rested his head on the table. Owen seemed to relax a bit, probably noticing Add's chill attitude. "Raven and Seris and the others, they keep saying they remember everything that's happened but I don't see how. They know everything that's happened in the past and yet no matter how hard I try, I can't remember a thing. I don't want to tell them because I don't know how they'll react," Owen said.

        "Tell who what?" a familiar voice said. Owen flinched and his expression showed slight fear as his face flushed red. "Nothing major. Owen just needed to get some things off his mind," Add said to Ara who had joined them. Owen realized that it was just her and calmed down but not before Ara could notice his panicked state. "You okay Owen? You seem a bit...stressed?" Ara said, unsure of what to think of Owen's temporary flight or fright moment. Yes, it seemed as though Owen was not the type to stick around when things got tough nevertheless he was in a group with Raven and happened to be among the greatest fighters among the Crow Mercenaries.

        "I'm fine. Just a bit worried about today's mission," he said quietly as he stared down at the table. Just as Ara sat down, the same Pongo from the other day brought them all plates and again Add and Ara showed their gratitude, completely forgetting what Seris had told them about doing so. The little fury apron wearing Pongo gave them a slight nod and smiled at them before leaving. Breakfast was a little unusual but perhaps Add was being a bit too expecting.