Chapter 7

I've already run out of author's notes which kind of makes me sad...anyways, here's another chapter.
____________________________________

       The cold temperatures were starting to get to him as they continued onward. As he found himself falling earlier, he'd lost the coat that Ryu had given him but he wasn't about to let go of Dynamo. He planned on fixing him when he got the chance, not wanting the nasod servant to remain in the state he was found in. Lucky for Add, his invention was holding out pretty well against the cold.

       As mentioned before, he wasn't and he was starting to get a little impatient with Ara. Halfway through their trip, she had spoken to someone who wasn't even there saying that it was Eun speaking to her through the hairpin that she'd put in her hair. Add of course considered that it was possible but he also considered that Ara could be going crazy. Now she was still walking and supposedly talking to Eun again.

       "Add, we'll have to stay in the fox burrow for a bit once we get there. Eun says that it isn't too far from the city but if we don't take shelter at the fox burrow, we'll be caught by the blizzard that she senses is heading our way. She also said that we should increase our pace," Ara said as she continued walking. "Increase our pace? Easy for you to say. You aren't entirely affected by this irritating cold," Add muttered, referring to Ara's coat, not to mention she still had a silk scarf and jacket from earlier.

       "Then take my coat. We're almost there so I can take the cold for a bit," Ara said, already removing the coat. "What? No! I'm not taking your coat," Add said but Ara had already taken it off and went over to him,draping it over his shoulder. He had to admit that he immediately felt the warmth that it gave him but he still wasn't going to allow Ara to go coatless for the rest of their trip. "Ara, get this back. I told you that I don't want it," Add growled. He couldn't exactly take it off himself since he was still carrying Dynamo which required both his hands.

       Ara tilted her head at him but otherwise turned back towards their route and continued with the bag still on her shoulders. Add caught a glimpse of the back of her jacket and realized that it was still shredded from when she was attacked. He could see right through the claw shapped rips seeing her bare skin for only a moment before Ara covered them with the bag she was still carrying.

       "You're keeping the coat and yes I know they're still there. Maybe next time you'll think a bit before you complain about something," Ara said as she glanced back at him. Add, not knowing what to say in response to Ara's remark, huffed in annoyance. They walked for just a bit longer, both clearly tired, before Ara stopped and pulled the hairpin from her hair. "It's just that way. Eun says the foxes are still there but we can still go in as long as she makes her presence known," Ara said.

        Foxes? They were still there? "It's not abandoned?" Add asked. "Nope. Eun says that they'll help keep us warm until the blizzard passes. The city is strait past it but it's a good distance away," Ara said as she began to make her way to the burrow. Add followed, not entirely fond of the idea of sharing a burrow with foxes. Ara crouched down next to the opening that seemed more like a den than a burrow. "See, we can fit in here," Ara said as she began to crawl into the opening, carrying her spear and bag along with her. The hairpin was in the same hand that she used to carry her spear and it began to glow a little.

        If Add wasn't in the situation he was in, he would have thought more than twice about following Ara into a fox burrow but he didn't have many options so he followed after her. His invention casted a purple hue onto the walls, providing just enough illumination so see ahead of him. Ara had already made it to the foxes, three who seemed to have been waiting for their arrival, and they gathered around her.