Chapter 4: Saving Anna (Part 1)

Warnings: Fight scenes! Funnn... They're from K: Side: Red so if you've read that, some of this may seem familiar.

October 18, 2009

The Red Clan, including Hana Kugawa and the 2 Usagis proceeded through the hospital. The Usagis kept an eye on the Red Clan, wary of their destructive power. I'm really surprised the Gold King let us do what we want. I didn't know Dresden Rex is such a powerful name. If Dresden sent me, then there must have been a reason. Ha. And I doubt that old man was clueless. He knew what was going on, but was "strategically" waiting for a move from the Red Clan.

The group headed towards the elevators in the back that would head towards the basement. When the Usagis placed their PDAs on the elevator, it denied them access. Even with masks on, it was clear to see the confusion on the Usagis' faces. This building belongs to the Gold Clan and as such, the Usagis should have access to it. However, their security clearance was denied as if someone knew that those close to the Gold King would come snooping one of these days.

"It looks like Anna-chan's in the basement after all, but I guess it won't be easy to get down there, huh... I think it'd be quickest to have someone tell us how." Tatara's relaxed voice carried over the group.

Izumo went "hmmm" and looked up at the ceiling. Right then, behind him from the shadow of the open door, a blue clansman who had his saber out attacked Kusanagi by swinging his blade down at Kusanagi's back. He was fast. He closed the distance by leaping forward, and the saber's blade was about to rip open Kusanagi's shoulder.

Without even turning around, Kusanagi flicked the butt of his cigarette *cough* cancer stick *cough* behind him. The lit tobacco came up front of the blue clansman's eyes, and the next instant the tiny flame expanded and swelled, sending him flying backwards.

"Those stupid blues. Don't even know how to communicate properly with each other. They're supposed to let us right through! If it's a fight they want, it's a fight they'll get!" Misaki twirled his bat across his shoulders, from one side to the other.

"Ma ma, Misaki-chan, calm down. We need to get to Anna-chan as fast as possible."

"Don't call me that, baka!"

A man in a white coat who appeared to be a researcher had been peeking out of the room and trying to see what was going on when his eyes met with Kusanagi's and his shoulders shook.

Kusanagi moved his long legs and went right into the middle of the room. The man in the white coat jumped and readied himself, but then took a combat stance upon seeing Kusanagi approach. It was obvious Kusanagi was going to torture this doctor for information. Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but let's make things a bit quicker now shall we.

I skipped into the room and called out, "Wait a minute Kusanagi-san."

"Hi mister, I know you're a doctor, but I also know what you've been doing to the Strains who are powerful. You guys have been collecting them for your own selfish reasons right? What's their names, Pyrotechnic, Senkouki, and Grasshopper right?" The doctor first relaxed when I came in, thinking that I'm a harmless girl. After hearing me reveal some of their secrets, he tensed up and starting shaking.

"N-no one is s-s-sup-posed to k-know about t-t-that! W-who a-are you p-people?"

I grinned, satisfied by his answer, "your worst nightmare." At that, he promptly fainted. Wow, men these days. So weak. "Usagi-san, please put some handcuffs on this guy. I don't know how much he participated in those inhumane experiments, but he knows something about it for sure. Here, we need his biometrics, put his fingerprint on here while I scan his ID." The Usagi proceeded to handcuff the guy while I dug into his coat pocket and produced the ID tag. The Usagi propped the guy up and placed his finger on the scanner while I held the ID up. The elevators opened and the rest of us proceeded into the elevator.