Chpt 9: Stargazer (Pt. 2)

March 2010

"Singing."

Once a week, Hana had taken to street performing.

At first, it might seem odd that she would do something like that considering she wasn't in need of any money. But it was her way to relieve stress and just have fun.

Pepper was curled up on Hana's shoulders as she strummed her guitar. She was sitting outside a quaint little coffee shop in downtown Shizume. She had become fast friends with the owner, who was glad to have her perform every week and draw in customers.

Hana strummed her guitar strings as she began her next song. "You're saying it's hopeless, that I should hope less. Heaven can help us, well maybe "she" might."

Fate is something that can't be changed. At first, that's what I thought before I came here. I'm not going to waste my time thinking why I was sent here, instead, I'm going to focus on how to save people. I still want to become a doctor, even if these powers are kind of cheating.

"You say it's beyond us, what is beyond us? Let's see and decide." Sometimes it does seem like our goals and ambitions are far out of our reach, but are they really? Or are we holding ourselves back?

"We've been meteoric, even before this. Burns half as long when it's twice as bright." Hana's thoughts turned to Mikoto whose light was so bright. Too bright. He was harming himself and shortening his lifespan because his aura and powers were too strong.

"So if it's beyond us, then it's beyond us. Let's see and decide. And I will still be here, stargazing. I'll still look up, look up. Look up for love." What will happen will happen. I can't go back and change the past, but what I can do is change the future. Or what will be the future in this universe.

"I'm trying to save us, you don't wanna save us. You blame human nature, and say it's unkind." Mikoto, please let me save you. I don't know what your reaction is going to be, but please don't turn me away. Also, future Colorless King, I'm coming for you. I'm going to try to get to you before you lose yourself in your hunger for power.

"Let's make up our own minds, we've got our whole lives. Let's see and decide, decide." I don't know how much time I have here, but Tatara has so much to live for. I can't let him down. I won't let him down. I will make sure the Colorless King doesn't kill him. I can't. I can't lose another person again.

"And I will still be here, stargazing. I'll still look up, look up. Look up for love. Stars don't disappear, they keep blazing. Even when the night is over." Stars are always there in the sky. They don't disappear when the sun comes up, it's just another star that outshines the rest of them. The stars are always there for us. It must be a lonely life up there among the stars, Addy. You're all alone, just gazing down at all of us as we gaze back up at you.

There were many people who stopped and listened to Hana's performance. Others continued to walk on after a quick glance at her.

Pepper, a typically sleepy and lazy ferret (who sometimes reminded Hana of Mikoto), suddenly perked up. Hana was too distracted in her thoughts to realize that Pepper's head had come up and her eyes were locked onto a certain figure.

This figure was wearing a blue fitted sweater with khaki pants. He was wearing rimmed glasses and had his blue hair parted to one side.

Gathering herself like a cat ready to pounce on a mouse, Pepper jumped off of Hana's shoulder and directly towards the tall figure.

Hana stopped singing as she realized that Pepper was now being held by the scruff of her neck by a passer-by.

"Gomenasai!" Hana bowed in apology to the person Pepper had caused an inconvenience to.