Chapter 20: Under Control

Chapter 23: Under Control

A/N: Did you know Shizume means "suppressing/controlling." So Shizume Town in the K Project anime is the "Town that is controlled"... Presumably by the kings. Longest chapter yet!!! Was too lazy to break this into 2 diff chapters, so enjoy the update.

Also thanks for the reviews!! They give me motivation to keep on writing.

"I might be anyone,
A lone fool out in the sun.
Your heartbeat of solid gold,
I love you, you'll never know.

When the daylight comes you feel so cold.
You know I'm too afraid of my heart to let you go.
Waiting for the fire to light,
Feeling like we could do right.

Be the one that makes tonight,
'Cause freedom is a lonely road.
We're under control."

-"Under Control" by Alesso

December 5, 2012 (Same night as previous chapter)

11:30 PM

There was a pulse that seemed to silently reverberate over Shizume city.

It's interesting to note that regular citizens without access to sanctums are unaware of the clans in their city.

Whenever Kings use their sanctum, a large Sword of Damocles appears over them. However, normal citizens can't see the sword because their biological wave is not synced to the Dresden Slate.

However, those from every clan looked up into the sky and saw a new Sword of Damocles. To most, it was a mystery to whom it belonged to. Was there a new King? A new clan?

The ombre-colored Sword of Damocles hung in the air for a few moments before it pulsed with a pink-colored aura. Not too long after the pulse, it shattered into a million diamonds that glowed pink as they gently settled upon the city.

There were only a select few who understood what just happened and immediately mobilized.

Tatara had already contacted Kusanagi when Hana had left to chase after the shooter. However, he wasn't of much help because he didn't see or hear the shooter. Even when he rewound the tape, all it captured was a blur before Hana's back covered the lens and blood splattered over it.

Tatara had dropped the film recorder in shock, and the only thing that was captured was the audio. It recorded their voices arguing about chasing after the mysterious figure before Hana took off.

As soon as Hana's Sword of Damocles appeared, Kusanagi, Misaki, and Tatara all converged on the location. Despite being the closest to the building, it took them fifteen minutes to figure out where the fight occurred. Floating swords in the sky hover over a certain area. Getting an exact location takes a while longer.

However, they were too late and only caught a glimpse of an ambulance leaving the location and a dark red spot on the rooftop. Police were already starting to arrive, so Kusanagi contacted SCEPTER 4 to handle the matter as it related to the Red King's territory and clan.

Although Hana never belonged to a single Clan (despite promising all those years ago that she had something to take care of first) it was an unspoken agreement that almost all matters concerning Hana Kugawa was the Red Clan's responsibility.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shizume General Hospital

"Are you all her family members? Only Tatara Totsuka is listed as her emergency contact, but if you are not part of her family then you must leave the room." The doctor declared unknowingly to a room filled with HOMRA's top brass.