Chapter 11: Blessing and Burden

Pic: Eric being told to ask for more help. 

April 7th. 1AM

Tatara had contacted Eric to meet him in the park at 1AM. Hana had been sleeping most of the day and into the late evening, so she was awake when she heard Tatara speaking on the phone. On his end of the conversation, she heard him say that they should meet up at the nearby park. At this point in the conversation, Hana finally realized what had been bugging her this entire time. Tatara figured things out with Eric and was going to talk to him in an environment that would make him more comfortable, away from the Homra Bar. However, Eric was going to attempt to kill Tatara!

It had been so long since something went according to the plot she knew, that she forgot all about this scene. That medical textbook had held her full attention for the past week or so (what? It was a completely new medical technique that had never before been discovered! It has a 99.9% survival rate!).

Anyways, once her brain recuperated from pulling all-nighters reading the textbook, she just remembered that Eric was being threatened by a gang the boys had crushed a few months back. Hana recalled the news it made when it happened. To her it wasn't any surprise since she knew that HOMRA regulated the underground and often took down gangs, but this one made big news since it had been a well-established gang with lots of connections. Was the name Hikawa or something like that?

"I'm going with you." Hana's tone of voice left no room for an argument. She had walked into the room as soon as Tatara had put his PDA down.

"Hana-chan, I-"

Hana shot him a look.

Tatara sighed, "Alright, let's go then."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

At the Park.

"Why did you call me here?" Eric, with his hoodie up and his hands stuffed into his pockets, questioned as he arrived on the scene.

"Well, there's a few things that I'd like to discuss with you."

"Oh, really?" Eric's voice was monotone, "I too, have some business with you."

Eric hesitated for a moment before blurting out, "I'm sorry. Please die!"

At that moment, Eric lunged at Tatara.

At the same time, Hana was prepared and stepped in front of Tatara. She was about to do a roundhouse kick to knock Eric back and then pin him down to the floor.

However, Kosuke stepped in front of Hana and grabbed the knife in his left hand.

With blood gushing out of his wound, Kosuke yelled at Eric, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, HUH!?"

Then Kosuke turned to Tatara and Hana, the knife still clutched tightly in his hand, "TOTSUKA-SAN AND HANA-SAN AS WELL!"

Tatara and Hana looked at each other and did a collective, "eh?"

"PLEASE HAVE A LITTLE MORE WARINESS!"

Tatara protested, "S-sorry. I really didn't expect that Kosuke-san would get involved in this..."

Of all things, Tatara was concerned that he was wasting Kosuke's time by getting him involved in the situation. "NOT THAT! YOU. IF YOU KEEP THIS UP, YOU'LL REALLY END UP DEAD SOMEDAY!"

Hana mumbled under her breath, "But I was here. I would've saved him."

No one heard her.

They turned their attention to Eric, who had on a face of regret. He was even trembling. She felt sorry for the poor guy, he's never been around people who actually care. All his life, he's been ordered around and abused, never treated like a human being.