part 1

It was a normal day at the monastery Except maybe it wasn't... It wasn't a Normal day for Zane Julian as the platinum haired boy gazed at the dark skinned, muscular, messy haired black ninja with his pale cheeks tinted pink.

Zane sighed staring into his greenish brown eyes studying them finding tiny specks of gold.

"Zane."

"Zaneeeee!"

Someone flicked my nose a little too hard.

"Ow!" I hissed looking up at the beautiful Cole.

"S-Sorry!" I stammered silently cursing myself.

"It's okay... Anyway. Zane.  Did you hear me?" Cole asked.

I stammered. "N-No I d-didn't I'm sorry."

Cole sighed and repeated. "You have been staring at me for the past thirty minutes and it's creepy. Well not creepy I just really don't know what you are thinking."

I stared at him very confused. "I do not understand. The reason you can't read my mind is because you can not read minds unless you are the elemental master of the mind and I am not a human." I stated.

Cole bit his lip. "That's not what I meant. Zane you are human to me."

"No I am not. Cole you don't know what you are talking about." I didn't know why but I was Angry and I snapped at Cole.

Cole flinched.

Before I knew it Cole wrapped his arms around my waist. He was warm and I didn't expect him to be so gentle. I shoved him away.

"Z-Zane....."

"No. No Cole. I am a machine. I am not Human." I said with a glare.

"B-But I love you Zane!" Cole said tearing up.

"No you don't.... No one could love a machine." I said walking off to my room and locking the door.

*Cole*

I was left there in shock. Utter Shock. What... What happened? I thought Zane felt the same! I love him so dearly is smile sparkles like freshly fallen snow but.... I've never seen him like this. "Zane! What about all the times together! The way you look at me, they way you smile, just everything! I love you no matter who you are or what you are." I said through his door.

"We are not compatible...." Zane said his voice was harsh and cold.

Those words cut through me. Something was wrong....

I couldn't get Zane to talk so i left feeling sorry about myself.

"Have you seen Lloyd?" Jay asked looking for the babyfaced blond.

"No I haven't Seen your boyfriend and I have a lot on my mind so of you will excuse me I need to think."

Jay rolled his eyes. "Babe!!!" He yelled disappearing around the corner. I swear I could still hear Jay's annoying voice even if he were miles away.

Wu wasn't here, I couldn't go to Kai because well.... He was with his new girlfriend and he would probably make fun of me. Wait... I could go to Nya!

I ran outside to the Bounty where Nya was working on a project listening to her girly pop music. "Nya!" I called as I knocked on the door being a gentleman.

Nya turned off her music and opened the door. "Hey Cole. What's up?" She asked a curious look in her stormy greyish blue eyes.

"I.... I... I love Zane... But he's acting uh weird? He says he's a machine... Well in other words I have been rejected and it hurts. Because for the first time ever he was harsh and cold." I sighed as Nya handed me a cup of tea.

"Don't worry Cole. He will probably be back to normal in a a day or two. Probably just a bad day."

"I hope you're right...." Cole said under his breath.......