七: Stone Cold

[Jennie's POV]

It's been a few months. We haven't talk at all. Like, seriously, at all. During classes, during breaks, during lunch times, we barely even had eye contact. We didn't bother to stare at each other, nor have any single physical contact. She was cheerful as usual, and completely ignoring me.

Uhh, who was I to expect anything from her? I mean the perfect girl, Kim Jisoo. We were strangers back then and there was no way to change it back. I wasn't even important in her life, that's probably why. I wasn't supposed to care, but unintentionally I always did. It wasn't easy.

Oh stupid love! Why did I fell for a girl like her? I just wanted to choke myself and die, like literally.

Well, okay. We might not speak a word to each other but at least we were in the same class, so I could.. stare at her, stupidly. Like an idiot, I didn't know what to do but just stare, I didn't care if she noticed it or not, but I just- I loved her smile. And all I wanted was her to be her happy, chaotic self. Every time I had a chance I would obviously steal it.

I sighed deeply. Why was it that hard just to focus on a lesson and forget about her? But every once in a while she would always appear in my head, all in sudden creeping me out. And I didn't know how to react but looked at my regression.

Poisonous honey. She was a poisonous honey.

"Hey why aren't you eating?" Soyeon, the new member, elbowed me and I woke up from my daydream. I started eating my lunch with uneasy feelings startling my stomach. I felt like fading away.

///

[Jisoo's POV]

And so there I was. My mind went crazy for the last several months, trying hard to not remember her, but she's just way too cute, too amazing.

Every time she would just laugh at her friends' jokes, I would smile without a reason. She's completely irresistible.

She stopped bullying then, and I was quite satisfied. She was a bit quiet and that made me worried. It was irritating.

I loved her so much and I just left her with ambiguity and confusion. That was definitely a selfish idea, but that's exactly what I was doing and I couldn't do anything to replace my choice. It was my final decision. I couldn't head back.

It was that lunch time when I sat with Lisa, the officially new member of my group. I wasn't hungry at all, especially after losing my appetite at Biology 101.

"Why though? The gecko was adorable.." Chaeyoung complained. "Ew, gross, disgusting. Now I can't even enjoy my lunch." I rolled my eyes.

The previous lesson almost made me throw up. Due to my phobia of reptiles, I hated geckos. But it wasn't my lucky day so I had to do an experiment with a gecko as a sample. Worse, the gecko was greenish black, my most hated color. Excellent.

I stopped thinking about the gecko for a while and noticed something that caught my eyes. She was staring at me. And there it goes, Jennie was unintentionally watching me and went back eating nervously. How did she manage to be so fucking wondrous?

"Hey," Nayeon interrupted. "Did you hear about the new kid? Heard he's hot." She winked one eye and smirked. "Who? I don't know." Nayeon was back with her Singaporean accent again, "You, ah! You should listen to more gossips. You're so not up to date, eh."