8. REAL LIFE

MADISON WAS TRYING TO THINK OF THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY before he would come over and the two would discuss what had happened six months prior

She felt like she was going to be sick, her stomach was turning in different directions. She had called Nate probably three times before he just decided to not pick up the phone. He didn't really care for Chris at all, after he broke her heart.

Madison was a good cook, don't get her wrong. But, she felt way too sick to even eat anything. The same went for Chris as well.

Way. Too. Sick.

The faint sound of Frank Sinatra played in the background while she got finished making the two of them some pasta. She placed it in the oven before she heard the door knock.

Chris was pacing around the front door, his hands in his pockets. His anxiety was at a all time high. What was he even going to say to her? What was she going to say to him?

She cursed to herself, before cleaning herself off before she made her way towards the door. "You can do it," She whispered to herself before opening the door up.

Chris stopped pacing around, and looked at Madison with his mouth slightly open. She smiled lightly and waved. "Hi, you hungry?" She asked softly, and he shook his head.

"Sadly not," He said breathlessly. She saw the concern in his face.

"Chris, come in. Are you okay?" She stepped aside so he could come in. She knew what this was about but she didn't think it would get this bad. He came in, rubbing his arm as she shut the door.

"Do you want me to lie to you or be honest?" He said as he moved to sit on the couch. Madison went to go get him a glass of water, before coming back to the living room to see his face covered up, and him crying.

Her heart dropped. She placed the water on the coffee table, squatting down in front of him. "Chris..." She whispered softly.

She knew he had anxiety but she never knew it could get this bad. "I'm sorry," He cried softly, wiping his tears away.

"No, it's okay." She whispered, with a weak smile. Her small hands grabbed a hold on his bigger ones. "Just calm down, okay?"

"I wish I didn't screw up." He mentioned. Her heart immediately shattered. "If I wasn't being such a dick to you, then we would still have time."

She gulped as her thumb ran across his hand. "We still have time." She whispered softly. "We both made choices we didn't like."

"I'm so selfish." He cried again, "I'm so selfish to my feelings. I mean, look at you. You're so perfect and I just have to mess up stuff." She just listened. She wanted to listen to him, and not say anything until she felt that the time was right.

"You're the best person I have ever met," He said, looking at her. "And I love you."

That moment. Chris finally told Madison that he loved her. It was silent for five seconds before Chris started apologizing, but Madison squeezed his hand.

"Chris, it's okay." She whispered as a tear came down her cheek. "Because I love you too."

A hand brushed Madison's cheek, as the two gazed at each other. "You're my best girl." He whispered. "You always have been."

Madison did the unthinkable, or it wasn't really unthinkable. She pressed her lips to Chris's. It had been half a year since those lips were attached to his. But, she knew what had happened to them could get fixed.

Madison was scared of love, ever since the divorce of her ex-husband Zak. But, ever since Chris came into her world. She had been showed so much gratitude and safeness. She wasn't sure about a lot of things. But she knew that she had always loved him.

And even after the hurricane, Chris always loved Madison. He knew that the moment they danced with each other in the early morning hours.

He kissed her back and then pulled away, resting their forehead together. Then for a moment,

Just a moment.

They realized that they might be okay.

-

hi sorry for the overdue chapter. you got some chrisdon action. i seriously love these two. im so excited for them ahhh.