49. EPILOUGE

"REALLY? THATS THE END?" Their five year old Nate asked shockingly

"REALLY? THATS THE END?" Their five year old Nate asked shockingly. Chris sat back in the chair with his hands behind his head.

"Yeah Nate, that's how it ends buddy." He replied. He glanced over to Madison with a small smile on his face. "Wait, so you're saying mom didn't actually kick butt with you?" Their daughter, Jane asked.

"No sweetie, I didn't." Madison laughed as she ran her fingers through the younger girls hair. "I might be daddy's sidekick but I'm certainly not that good of a superhero like your dad."

"Uh, that's a lie!" Chris butted in, which caused the children to laugh. Madison rolled her eyes playfully, standing up from her chair. "Okay you too, off to bed."

The children whined, not wanting to go to bed but wanting to hear more stories told by their parents. "Uh! No whining, superheroes don't whine." Chris laughed. "Last one to their room is a rotten egg."

The two children raced down the hall to their bedrooms, each of them going into one of the rooms right across from each other. "Which one are you saying goodnight to first?" Madison asked, "Jane?"

"You know me so well," Chris chuckled as he walked into the pink room. Madison walked into Nate's room with a small smile as he saw him with stuffed alien his Uncle Jack got him for his birthday a couple months ago.

"Alright, all tucked in?" She asked and the little boy nodded. "Mommy, I have a question."

"Sure Squirt, what's up?" She questioned him.

"You know that one picture in the living room, you know with you and Uncle Jack and Uncle Andrew. Who is the other guy next to him?" He asked.

Madison smiled sadly as she remembered her best friend who passed years ago. "Honey, that's your Uncle Nate." She answered.

"Wait, we have the same name?" He smiled widely, which warmed Madison's heart. "Yeah, you sure did."

"Where's he now? Why haven't I met him yet?" Nate asked her again, which made Madison's heart suddenly go frozen.

"Well, he just went away. On a vacation. You'll meet him someday, but just not now." She explained to him. "But, one thing your Uncle Nate always taught me was to be strong and never give up, no matter how hard it gets."

"So like what daddy does? Since he's a superhero?" Nate asked which made her giggle. "Yes, just like daddy does. Okay, no more talking. I'll see you in the morning."

She pressed a soft kiss on his forehead as the five year old gave her a tight hug. "I love you," Madison mumbled into his hair.

"I love you million trillion!" He smiled widely. She pulled away with a huge smile on her face. "Million trillion, huh? Where'd you learn that one from?"

"I heard spongebob say it," He said. She laughed as he turned on his nightlight and said goodnight, cracking the door.

Once the kids were off to bed, the two went downstairs into the kitchen. "Sorry to make this a competition but Nate said he loved my a million trillion." Madison mentioned to Chris, getting some water from the fridge.

"Million trillion, huh?" She shrugged as she took a sip. "He also mentioned something about Nate," she added.

"You didn't tell him anything horrific, did you?" Chris asked with concern. She shook her head. "No he just asked why he's never met him, so I just told him he's on a trip."

There was a long pause before Chris broke it. "What do you think he would be doing right now?" He asked. "Because I always thought about it. I know it's been almost nine years but what do you think he would be doing?"

"Spending time with his kid or making music," She told him, placing her glass of water on the counter. "I just know he's proud of me, and proud of you. I know he would be."

Chris sighed as he pulled out his phone and played a familiar tune, the first song they danced to after the premiere of Civil War. "Wanna dance with a superhero?" Chris asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

She giggled, remembering the first time they danced and the first time they kissed. The theme from UP always held a special place in her heart. "I guess so, why not?"

His hand rested on her waist as the other one laced together with hers. Her other hand was on his shoulder, with a small smile on her face. The two swayed together in the kitchen.

"Do you think he would actually be proud of me?" Madison asked him as they were dancing. He nodded, "I'm proud of you, so would he."

There was a silence until Madison looked at him. "Thank you, for everything." She whispered. His smile rose and pressed his lips against hers softly.

They kissed for a few moments before the two pulled away, his forehead resting on hers. "You're my sidekick for life, right?"

She giggled softly, nodding. The two were in love. Like an cliche romance novel, these two got the happy ending they deserved. The broken girl got the superglue that put her together. The man who wanted love finally got it.

"Always, for life." She whispered.

"You promise?" He asked softly.

"Yes,

I pinky, pinky promise."

THE END.