Vytal festival

(A/N sorry for the big time skip and sorry for the even bigger one next chapter)

Y/N's pov

We were sitting in the stands of an arena watching a fight between two teams. Luckily we qualified for the vytal festival, if we didn't i'm sure Summer would have thrown a fit.

It had been awhile since that day and Kali had began hanging out with me and Raven more.

I sighed before hanging my head, according to everyone on my team i didn't look the part of a huntsman.

Apparently i lacked the flare so they got me a long red scarf. It was cool but i made some changes to my equipment.

Now i had gloves which can be charged by lightning dust crystals which was handy for when i run out of ammo.

I could use the scarf to conduct the electricity but when trying i just couldn't fight with it.

The match finished and we were called up next, getting up we walked down to the arena as did our opponents.

My semblance had made an unforeseen evolution however, normally i can read people's thoughts but now i can implant one thought into someone's mind.

One doesn't seem like much but i could make them attack in correctly or even deactivate their aura but only as long as i'm focused on them.

Multi people fights are haed but using it in a crowded place like this is nearly impossible since there's so many different thoughts too read.

I felt a hand on my shoulder so i turned to see Raven who was smiling at me.  Placing my hand over hers i nodded before we walked out onto the stage.

Our enemies were an all girls team from Atlas... geez i wonder how much sexual harassment they get there?

I pulled out my pistols before placing them together and forming my staff, i spun it around as my teammates brought out their weapons and the arena cycled.

It landed on two areas, aquatic and ruined city. The buzzer went off, signalling us to go and i ran towards the aquatic zone.

It was mostly water with some poles sticking out so we could stay above the water.

Climbing up and onto the poles one of the enemies joined me and stood across from me.

She wielded a sickle and chain with a weight on the end of it. She smirked and i nervously smiled

Girl: Gotta say you're kinda cute

Me: Thanks... i'm Y/N

Girl: Grace

She charged at me before spinning the weight on the end of the chain. She threw it and i dodged it but when she brought it back it hit my back.

I stumbled forward and just kept my balance, changing my staff into it's pistol mode i fired at her as she spun he weapon to deflect the bullets.

I took off my scarf and quickly threw it at her, she sliced it in half and i fired a lightning round at it.

The remnants of it touched her and she was electrocuted. Grace nearly fell into the water with the lightning embued scarf with her but i ran over and grabbed her in time.

Speaker: One member of team GALD has retired.

I carried her over to a safe place and but her down before i ran over to the city zone.

Reattching my pistols i activated my semblance and a rush of voices came in. Concentrating it to a small radius i heard something say "Now!"

Turning around i raised my staff in defence and blocked a slash from someone. Looking up i saw a girl with a katana who winked at me.

She didn't last long as Raven appeared behind her and slashed her a few times, her aura drained before i smacked her with my staff depleting the rest.

Speaker: Another member of team GALD had retired. One member of team STRQ had retired.

We nodded to eachother before running out the building and looking around. I saw Summer trying to fend off two people at once.

Running up to them i holstered my weapon before activating the lightning dust in my gauntlets.

They went to swing at her but i grabbed the backs of their necks and zapped them. They screamed before passing out, Summer looked to me before frowning

Summer: I had that!

Speaker: Team STRQ wins!

People cheered and applauded us as i looked around to see Qrow laying on the ground while drinking.

Walking over to him i grabbed his leg before dragging him with me

Me: Come on raggidy Anne

Timeskip

The two vs two round went on and Raven and Summer were chosen to go ahead, they managed to win which we celebrated of course.

Team TGJK managed to also get into the singles round and they chose Kali to go forward.

We haven't decided whether it was going to be Summer or Raven so they played rock paper scissors...

Raven won and now we were sitting in the stands as Kali and Raven stood across fron eachother.

Summer: GO RAVEN!

Qrow: KICK HER ASS!

Who... who do i root for? On one hand you have my girlfriend and on the other you have my best friend...

Summer: Y/N why aren't you cheering?!

Me: I don't know who to cheer for!

Qrow: It's easy, you either lose your girlfriend or your best friend. Just pick the lesser of two evils

I froze before looking over to the match that was about to happen. They began amd Raven drew her sword as Kali rushed at her.

She fired at Raven and Raven sliced the bullets before they hit her, Kali turned her gun into it's sword mode before thrusting her sword forward.

It nicked Raven making her scowl, she slashed and Kali ducked but Raven kneed her in the face.

Kali shot up before head butting Raven making her stagger. This is gonna be a long fight

(Lemme know what you think)