A Light In The Dark

Y/N's pov

I woke up with Yang held close to me but no Raven at all. Sitting up i looked around the room so see some of her personal belongings gone.

Well... maybe she just went on a mission- wait she didn't... looking over to her nightstand i saw her ring was sat there.

Around my neck i felt a cold weight so i looked at it to see Raven's necklace! Getting out of bed i raced down the halls and into the living room where i saw a note on the door.

Going over to it, my heart began pounding in my chest. On the note read "To Y/N, I'm leaving you and Yang. From your ex-wife Raven"...

I lowered the note from my face as tears rolled down my cheeks, my knees felt weak and my palms were sweaty.

Suddenly Yang began crying so i picked myself up amd went over to our- mine and Yang's room.

Picking her up, i cradled her and rocked her in my arms in an attempt to calm her down.

Me: You miss your mother too huh...?

I took Yang into the kitchen where, while holding her, i made some baby formula for her.

I've got no idea why but now... for some reason i'm glad Raven didn't wang to breast feed.

Trying to keep myself strong for Yang i gave her the bottle as she began to drink from it. Reaching for my scroll i went through my contacts before i found Kali.

Ringing her i waited for a bit before she picked it up.

Kali: Hello...?

She sounded like she just woke up. As i spoke i tried to hold back tears as to not upset Yang

Me: Hey Kali... i uhh need a favour

Kali: Y/N? What is it?

Me: Raven... she's... *sniff* she just left...

Kali: What?!

Me: I need someone here... please...

Kali: I'll come as soon as possible!

She hung up as my scroll turned off and collapsed into it's smaller version. Walking over to a sofa i sat down and began to wipe my tears out my eyes.

Yang finished drinking so i put hee bottle down and moved her to my shoulder before burping her.

While she wasn't looking at me more tears ran down my face as i tried to hold them in.

(Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Kali speeding towards Chibi Y/N's and baby Yang's house)

The front door opened as i turned to see Kali who looked panicked. Yang was asleep in her crib next to the sofa so Kali closed the door quitely.

She walked closer to me before sitting down and hugging me tightly, i couldn't hold it in anymore as more tears poured down my face and i cried into Kali's shoulder.

Me: Why...? We-We were supposed to... she left us...

Kali just stroked my hair as all my emotions came out. I was a mess, even though i tried to play the cool guy most the time my walls just came crashing down.

Kali: I'm so sorry...

Me: We were ment... ment to raise Yang... together

Kali: I know... i know...

After awhile i had finished crying and pulled away from the hug. Wiping my face you could see that my eyes were red and there was streaks of tears that had run down my face.

Kali looked to me concernes and i just turned my head to Yang who was peacefully sleeping in her crip.

Kali: Are you better now?

Me: Yeah... wasn't one of my finer moments

Kali: We all need to let out our emotions at some point

I nodded before turning back to Kali and dragging my hand through my hair

Me: What am i going to do? Yang's fine with normal milk so that isn't an issue but... all kids need their parents... especially at this age...

Kali: I can help you

I looked to Kali shocked as she held a shy look on her face. If anything did happen to us she was Yang's next carer.

Kali: I'm not trying to replace... her but i want to help. Both little Yang and you

Me: Please. Yang... the both of us need it

Yang began to wake up and looked to us, Kali went over to her crib before picking her up and cradling Yang in her arms.

I went over to them before holding them both in my arms. I really can't do this alone... no matter how i act.

I'm scared deep down. Scared that i might drive anothet person away, what if Kali leaves or Yang hates me and runs away when she's older.

No... i don't want anyone else to leave. I can't handle being alone. Letting go of them Yang had fallen back asleep so Kali putvher back in her crib.

Kali: I know you said Yang's fine with normal milk but i think she should have breast milk

Me: Well even if she would drink it how are we going to get it?

Kali: I can get some lactation pills... i'll give her the milk

Me: You really don't have to

She turned to me before placing a hand on my shoulder and smiling.

Kali: I said i'd help so i will in any way i can.

(Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Kali being a super mom)

Kali had been helping us out all day, not once saying "wait" or "i can't" just "okay" or "but i want to" when i told her she didn't have to.

Truly this woman is a godsend. Sitting on the sofa my head dropped forward before i brought it back up.

Kali moved over and sat next to me, she held the side of my head before gently bringing it down to her lap as my eyes fekr heavier.

Me: What are you...?

Kali: Shh... just go to sleep. You deserve it.

My eyes began to close as i nodded and let sleep over take me.

Kali's pov

Y/N finally fell asleep as i ran my hands through his hair to help him calm down. He looks so peaceful now...

I still want to be with him, even after he hot married. When Raven told me i was heart broken but i played it off like i had moved on.

But i haven't... i still care for him- No. I love him... even if he won't reciprocate thpae feelings we can still be a family.

Him as the father, me as their carer and Yang as our... his daughter. I wonder why Raven left? Was she not happy? Was being a parent too much for her or was it something more...

But whatever the reason and even though it sounds evil. I'm happy that she's gone but only because i can help care for the man i love.

The man i've loved for over five years while he's been oblivious to it all. I realise how crazy i sound but

No matter what. I won't leave you and Yang alone...

(Lemme know what you think)