iv. Tangled

Brendon wasn't good at decorating for Christmas. Sure, he loved waking up early to decorate while he let Dallon sleep, but he wasn't good at it. Decorating really wasn't one of his best qualities. And Dallon did knew that. But what he didn't know was that Brendon woke up at 3:30 that morning just to surprise him so he doesn't have to decorate. Which led to this moment that was happening now.

Almost an hour later, Brendon got tangled in some fairy lights and he couldn't set himself free. He didn't want to wake up Dallon so he tried his best not to whine while he tried to untangle himself out of the lights. But to no avail, he was trapped. And all he could do was wait for Dallon to wake up because it was really hard to be in the lights. He hoped that he was silent enough so he couldn't sleep more. And he also hoped his claustrophobia won't hit him right now. His partner deserved to have some rest, he was working so hard lately, it made him feel guilty.

One hour passed and Brendon got anxious. He tried so hard to untangle himself but he couldn't and this was so tight and he really did hope someone would find him and save him because his claustrophobia hit him. He started breathing heavily, and he tried so hard to calm down, he really did. But luckily for Brendon, Dallon never sleeps long and he heard noises from downstairs loud enough to wake him up. He heard wheezing so he hurried up downstairs, even though he was still sleepy, and once he saw Brendon, immediately started untangling him out of his fairy light bounds.

After managing to free him, he pulled the smaller and younger man in his embrace, shushing sweet nothings in his ear so he could calm down. It had an amazing effect on Brendon, who, after few moments, calmed down. Dallon was relieved. And when he checked the time, he shook his head as he saw how early these events played out. He also saw few decorations on the walls, even the Christmas tree pulled out and standing.

Brendon went crimson immediately, panicking at what he would do to explain but Dallon just smiled at him, and shook his head. "Wake me up next time, Rapunzel." he muttered, making both of them laugh at the nickname. Brendon snickered, and arched his right brow.

"So, that means that you are Flinn?" he asked, smirking at Dallon, who seemed to think for a response. He shrugged, then grinned at Brendon who seemed to know what he was thinking of and shook his head with a chuckle. Dallon let go of the thought, then gently took the fairy lights, looking at the Christmas tree. "Help me out, then."

So, they spent the entire day decorating for Christmas. With few broken ornaments and couple of kisses, they were successful at making the entire house look like it came from the Christmas land itself. Or not, but you get the point. And so, they took their well deserved rest to the couch, were they were cuddling on under a crimson red fluffy blanket. With his arm wrapped around Dallon's torso, Brendon hummed to himself, thinking of ways to appreciate his partner. He smiled, the kissed his cheek, resting his head against him.

And Dallon? He fell in love with Brendon all over again.