xii. A chemical reaction for me to say

He was one of the sweetest people around. His smile could bright up the room, his eyes would spark when he'd speak about things he loves. His voice brought joy to those who heard it. Despite all of this, he didn't love himself. He was a broken man, with those who will him. But he couldn't accept himself. How could he then accept one's love for him? But nevertheless, he went on in life. And he didn't mind. He loved his friends, his family. But most of all, he loved him.

He was his deepest secret, he would never let his friends find out he was in love with his best friend. But he was stuck there, in a win-lose situation. He was bisexual, sure, but he didn't know if he was into guys at all. He loved him too much, it hurt him more because he couldn't accept that. He would never fall in love with himself if he was in his place. He just couldn't imagine him being in love with himself. He didn't love himself, how could he accept someone's love for him?

But he was wrong that he didn't love him. In fact, the guy was so in love with him, he was always so shy around him unlike when he was around someone else. It was made him think he couldn't be in love with him. But they both were so wrong with that. So wrong, it was almost funny to see them hanging around each other with their oh-so-obvious crushes for each other.

But then again, his attention wasn't really well. He didn't notice his best friend dyed his hair once. But his brother, and his best friend though, had enough. They both wanted for the two to get together, so they made a pact called the 'Wentz-Way' pact. The brother and the friend had a plan on getting them together.

Of course, both of them were oblivious. But both of them had a very little span of attention. It was comical to see them that way. Just, oblivious to everything. Whenever Mikey shyed away from Ray, both Pete and Gerard mentally groaned. Why? Because it was there. But they knew none of them had the guts to ask each other.

So, they took them to an amusement park. Both Pete and Gerard proposed they went on the Ferris Wheel, but Ray and Mikey were confused as to why. December had just began, so why would it be so 'special' to go up on the Ferris Wheel? None of them knew. But, not wanting to upset their friends (and brother in Mikey's case) they waited in line for the Wheel, freezing in the bitter cold of New Jersey. Pete nodded at Gerard in acknowledgment.

They had a plan. And they needed for them to get in. And so, after half an hour of waiting, Pete, Ray, Mikey and Gerard finally got to the ride. But instead of getting four tickets, they got only two which confused Ray and Mikey even more. Pete and Gerard rushed them in a cabin, and they were taken by surprise when they were in there, all of a sudden. They were blushing because they were  in each other's company.

The Wheel rode slowly. It was a little awkward, the silence they shared. So, Ray cleared his throat, and looked at Mikey, his eyes wide. "What was that?" he chuckled, motioning what their friends did. Mikey shared a giggle, nodding at that. He gave give him a shrug.

"Hey Ray-" he cut himself off, taking a deep breath. It was now or never. The curly haired man gave him his full attention. Mikey looked at him, fixing his glasses. He took a deep breath again. "I-" he inhaled once again, "I like you."

Ray looked at him. Then smiled. He didn't say anything at first, making Mikey doubt things, but when he got his response, it was easy to say he was shocked.

"They say love is a chemical reaction inside our brains." he muttered, but looked at him. "But then I am a chemical reaction for you."

And they smiled, interlocking their fingers. To say, they had a good day.