xvii. Let them know it's Christmas

Being an insomniac he is, he never slept when he could use the time to write or make art. All of the best ideas he got were the ones he got during those hours of sleep everyone shared. But that was what most annoyed his husband, Frank. He was always so lonely at night, wanting some comfort of his husband by him, but no, he always created. He was obvious both of his brain and the pen. Why pen? Because it spent more time with Gerard than he did.

To say he missed him, was an understandable statement. Despite him being around in the house, he was distant. Away with his work. It made Frank go and take Pansy out and actually use her while works. Also, he didn't forget the fact he had trouble falling asleep without him around because they used to go to sleep together. He just needed some comfort during night signifying that he is safe in his arms. Cliché, yes, but that's what sixteen years of knowing each other does.

So, he made a plan. He'd lure the working, sleep-deprived man to bed, take him to the outside world both of them disliked but had to interact with and take him to a nice day. But when they would come home, he'd make him sleep.

Well, originally, that was the plan. Until both of them found out for the homeless shelter they have passed on millions of occasions, and entered it. It was a small, warehouse-looking place, filled with people who needed help more than anyone. And that's how their day turned from a café date to helping others date.

Seeing as the shelter would need help, and both of them being rich, they decided to go out and do shopping. They first went to get some toys for the kids there, then sweaters and coats and jackets, hats for everyone. They simply decided to cover most of the people in warm clothing, especially the younger and older ones. And for mothers, they did a special thing. But what surprised them were the single fathers who tried to help their children. They went out their way there.

Both of them had bought supplies such as shampoos and soaps, something they don't have in their everyday lives.  They just wished they could help them more, get them a place to stay. But they both knew they had to go out of their ways for that and it wasn't up to them, so that sucked. And for the last, but not least, the married couple got food for everyone.

Among everyone, families, single people, they noticed a kid that was silent, not at all excited for gifts. He just sat on the bed, playing with the dull grey sheets while thinking. It was Frank who made the first move and give him one of the coats they bought. He smiled, sitting on the bed with him, and thinking of what to say.

"You know, once a guy told me I'd meet this super cool dude and he'd make me happy. I felt content with him ever since. And I, as a dude, I want to ask you why so sad? You seem like a cool little guy that could find happiness in little things." he told, looking at the brunnette, who had his eyes fixated on the sheets.

The boy shifted, crossing his legs and then looking up at the musician, sighing. "I lost my mum today,  a year ago. She was the last bit of relatives I had." he muttered, looking away from him while trying not to break. Gerard walked over to them, then sighed as he heard those words. He seemingly thought of something, then hummed in approval with it. "How about you spend the next few days with us?"

And that's how they took a boy they don't know home, gave him a home, and adopted him.