viii. Change me, make me yours

REQUESTED

The month of December was hard on both Mikey and Pete. As Christmas was coming around, they both knew it was last of their moments they will spend in secret together. They knew nothing will be same after the holy day that year. And though Mikey's family doesn't spend it, Pete's does and all Pete wanted was to get away from his toxic family.

Mikey held Pete's hand as they walked, the leaves crunching underneath their feet. They walked slowly, as time seemed to go on forever. They didn't want to way parts. They knew they had to, but they didn't want to. No one had spoken a word since they left the village, both of them feeling as if they did, only tears would come out.

They didn't want to leave.

As they walked, Mikey would occasionally intertwine their fingers, or play with Pete's fingers, showing his worries unspoken. He felt Pete's worries as well. They had this unspoken connection between them, leaving them both in silence for the rest of the way.

That is, until they reached their spot under an oak tree deep in the forest. You could hear water running down a path filled with rocks, making songs to fill in their silence. But for them, not even that was loud enough to give them hope for another day. They just wanted each other, not the damned judgment day.

It was Pete who broke the silence, his eyes watching his lover, kind and warm, unlike Mikey's, which were empty due to him being dead. Yes, Pete was dating a dead beign that feasted upon humans, but in his defence, Mikey was an amazing and mind being. He cleared his throat, then smiled sadly at the vampire. "Remember when you'd steal me away from them evey evening after the ball?" he asked, playing with his fingers, both now seated underneath the oak, Mikey holding Pete in his embrace.

A chuckle fell from Mikey's lips. He nodded, nuzzling Pete's neck. He grazed his fangs above the artery, but didn't bite in. He would never hurt Pete. "Of course." he responded, looking at the human, who had his eyes shut. His smiled at him lovingly.

They spent couple of hours there, talking about their best and worst moments together, spending their time together in each other's safety. With each other, they were happy. And even though their families disapproved them, they committed a Romeo and Juliet act. In peace.

Suddenly, a scream roared from Pete's lungs. After that was a moment of silence.  An arrow pierced through Pete's chest, and Mikey's eyes went wide as he held the limp body of his lover and best friend, the scent of blood, the liquid running down his fingertips. Red pouring down his face as he gently set the body down, kissing his forehead and searching for wherever the arrow came from.

He saw one of Pete's grandmother's servants, or more specifically, her personal butler, shooting arrows at him. But the man was to slow to catch him onto his arrows and therefore lost his life. Mikey had few shallow, quick breaths come in and leave his body. Then went to check the body of his lover. And upon seeing him, he cried more, gently taking the lifeless body in his hands and pulling the arrow out. He didn't know what to do, he didn't think. He bit into Pete, crying, draining him off the remaining red liquid in his body and replacing it with something else. Something new.

After that was a silence. A week it lasted, and the whole town had heard the Wentz boy had died, after being caught with another man. The mediaval town didn't know whst they response should be. The Ways, however, left the town, along with them, Pete's body travelled. And a week later, something good for Mikey happened.

Pete opened his blood-red eyes.