v. Hospital beds

An excited giggle slipped from her mouth as she read the text all over again. She jumped off the couch, startling Penny Lane and Bogart, and ran over to the kitchen with a grin. She was alone at home, and right now, she couldn't wish for better news. Her husband was coming home. She had her eyes lit up, and immediately, she started preparing stuff for his arrival. She loved him so much, and after being away from him for six months, he was coming back from his tour.

Sarah grinned, making things such as pastries, Christmas cookies and lunch for Brendon to be full off. It took her hours to get everything done, and even though it was for the next day, she still was making it. Honestly, it got lonely for her. Alone for six months just made her sad so these news were an amazing wake up call. She smiled, taking a small deep breath, and continued to make her pastries for her husband's return.

Next up was setting up a surprise in their house, aka decorating for his return. She knows he likes parties, but this was family only and she really hoped she would get to see him smile. She didn't want to make him upset. So, she first carved the letters out in colours, then hung up some fairy lights to match them, and attatched the letters to the fairy lights so they would visibly spell out what she wanted it to say.

When the day come, the anticipation was real. She was excited, but also worried. She loved him so much, but what if something happened on tour and he couldn't come home? Needless, she waited. And waited. Until the end of the day came, and yet, she still waited.

He never came through that door.

Instead, he was in a hospital. She got a call two days after. The doctors waited for the surgery to pass well so they tell her. She never left his side from that day, not wanting to lose him. She just wanted him to come home, she wanted him well and she wanted to see that beautiful smile of his.

The news he was in a coma was shocking to everyone. Sarah refused to leave him off the devices that kept him alive, as he was responding well, but just wasn't. . . Awake. She was forced by Spencer to come and eat, take a shower. Just to pull herself together until she could come back. He stayed over to help her. But after two days, she went back to the hospital, in worry for her husband. He understood that, but she took a lot on herself.

Two days before Christmas, Sarah was crying besides his bed. She hoped he would survive, but honestly, she had those moments where she was in a state of panic, in which she'd lose herself all over again. She was terrified most of the time, but never let it show. She cried herself to sleep that night, wishing for a Christmas miracle that would bring the boy home. She needed him home. Everyone needed him home.

Christmas eve was around the corner, and the hospital gave her a Christmas tree chocolate cookie, but she didn't eat it. She left it for Brendon when he wakes up.

On Christmas, Sarah tried too hard not to cry. She really didn't want to cry again, what if he wakes up? She was so terrified. She was so oblivious to a small movement. She had her hands cover her eyes. Once she finally stopped crying, and when she wiped her tears, she was met with a sympathetic smile and beautiful chocolate brown eyes she hadn't seen in months. Brendon woke up.

She hugged him, and they spent the whole day talking. Sarah never leaving his side until he was let out of the hospital.