vii. 'cause it's too cold

REQUESTED

The month of December is definitely a cold month. Usually, in December, Frank is ready for the cold. When he went out with Gerard to get some coffee, he wasn't. The temperature outside seemed to like being below zero Celsius, and by the time they reached Starbucks, Frank was freezing. He wanted nothing more to come back home, and stay inside the whole day, or month possibly, because he couldn't stand the cold outside. He just wanted for Gerard to get the coffee as fast as possible. And sure, the heating might be working, but that doesn't mean he warmed up to the point he doesn't feel any cold. In fact, he just needed Gerard, coffee and cuddles.

As it was currently ten am, he doubted he will get any. He just wished he put on some more layers, as he usually isn't as cold. He let out a sigh, then shook his head. Gerard seemed to notice of his behaviour, but didn't question it because he'd ask him about when they return home. So, right now, they were in a line for coffee in Starbucks, pretty much wanting nothing more but to taste the dark and bitter drinks that were basically life.

And once they got there, Frank took another obviously fake name, just wanting to at least have a good laugh while Gerard rolled his eyes at him, waiting for the beverages casually because, let's be real, no one can function without coffee and people who have some mind of weird fucking powers, I don't know man. Anyway, while waiting, Gerard kept glancing back at Frank, to see him flidding with his tattooed fingers he oh-so-loved, rub his hands together occasionally, indicating he was cold.

"Americana for. . . Mr. Stank?" the barista in Starbucks called out, trying to hold back her laughter, but unsuccessfully. This made even Gerard chuckle, and he went to pick his coffee, still rather cold. And after this, they headed back home, Frank rushing in front of Gerard because fuck December, who the fuck needs it. He was just in need of some distraction of the cold outside, it's as if Siberian cold came around.

Unfortunately, it was just the usual New Jersey weather being well. . . New Jersey weather. Which meant it got rapidly cold by the time winter comes around. Sure, he loves his state, but winters are too much if they are this cold. And honestly, when they finally came home, first thing Gerard did was turn the heating up and Frank couldn't love him more in that moment. He took his jacket off, to get fetch a sweater that was warm enough to survive this stupid cold.

And yes, it worked. But Frank had something else planned, and that is pulling Gerard on the couch with him, the older man holding their coffes while laughing. "Frank, watch out!" he scolded, but didn't do it in a strict way, just laughed it off. Frank took the beverages and put them on the coffee table, then pulled Gerard in his arms, not letting him escape because he needed the warmth. The other man grinned, and wrapped his arms around him, resting his head onto his chest. "You idiot, I love you."

To which, of course, Frank replied with a smug smirk. "I know."