ch. 4

give yourself a try // the 1975

"You're going to do fine," Austin said to me over the phone as I sat in the parking lot of The Seattle Times office. "I believe in you."

"Thank you, I'm just really freaking out," I let out a long sigh. "I wish you were here with me."

"I'm sorry, my love," He sighed as well. "We just couldn't take August that far."

"No, that's not what I'm saying," I told him. "Anyways. I'm about to go in."

"Okay," He said. "Good luck, my beautiful girl. I know you're gonna kill it."

"Thank you," I chuckled.

"Say, good luck, Aunt Livi!" Austin said to August and I smiled hugely.

"Good luck, Li Li!" August said loudly into the phone and I let out a laugh. She still hadn't mastered the art of the 'V' sound so I was currently Li Li. Not that I minded, she could call me anything.

"Thank you, sugar!" I said to her. "I will see you two soon."

"Bye, babe. Good luck," Austin said and I smiled, lucky to have him. "I love you."

"I love you, too," I said. "Bye."

I pulled down the visor and slid open my mirror, checking my lipgloss. I applied some more and fixed my hair before turning my car off and looking at myself one last time.

Let's. Do. This.

Liked by randy_barns, ol1v1a

Liked by randy_barns, ol1v1a.mcne1l, and 372,893 others
postmalone on the way to lunch with the most wonderful girl ever!
View all 1,992 comments
randy_barns my baby!! i miss her oh so much. i bet she's having the best time.
postmalone @randy_barns she is! i spoil her.
taylor_barns Look at my beautiful girl!!
3 hours ago

Once I got out of the interview, I decided to explore a little more before I headed home. I found a coffee shop to go into. It had chalk drawings all over the wall and was so charming. I ordered a dark roast coffee and walked out, walking into the record store next door.

As I browsed through the vinyls, I remembered the times with Austin. I smiled to myself, reminiscing. How did I ever live without him? I looked up at the walls, seeing a mural with caricatures of artists from all genres. I gasped when I saw a familiar face.

I immediately got my phone out and dialed Austin's number to FaceTime him.

"Hello?" He answered, his face popping up on my screen.

"Babe! Look!" I said, flipping the camera around. "You're in this record store!"

"That's sick!" He said excitedly. "Take a picture, please!"

"I will," I smiled, flipping it around on me. "I just got so excited."

He laughed and just stared at me for a second.