ch. 37

Since arriving yesterday to Los Angeles, I've been on edge. Being this close to Lenny is gut-wrenching but the fact I was on the way to have lunch with Lily right now topped it somehow.

Even though I had Randy with me, I was so nervous. She usually calmed me down about everything but this was just unsettling.

Our Uber pulled up to the side of the small café that Randy and I ate at all the time in college. I smiled as we walked in, pushing my sunglasses onto the top of my head, and smelled the fresh bread that was baked there everyday.

We walked up to the counter where there was a young new waitress working. Randy seemed to know her, though. We sat down on the barstools as the girl placed napkins in front of us.

"Hey, Trish," Randy smiled at the blonde girl. "This is my other half, Olivia. Olivia, this is Trish."

"Olivia, hi! I hear about you all the time," the girl smiled. "From both Randy and Taylor."

"It's very nice to meet you," I smiled at her and then looked at Randy. "Hey, don't we need a table?"

"Ugh, yes. Sorry, O, force of habit," she shook her head then looked at Trish. "And sorry, T, we need a table for three."

I looked at Randy as she called the girl I had just met by her first initial. It wasn't that big of a deal, I guess, but she always called me O. I just kind of thought that was our thing.

"Sure thing," the girl smiled as she grabbed three menus and led us to a table by the window. "Here you go!"

I was relieved when she walked away without having a nickname for Randy. So what, I'm a little jealous of Randy making new friends.

"Isn't Trish so sweet?" Randy asked as she unfolded the menu, looking at it as if she didn't have it memorized.

"The sweetest," I sighed. I didn't mean to act this way, I just love Randy so much. "So, uh, when should Lily get here? I'm a little psyched out."

"Relax," Randy smiled, placing her hand on my knee. "She's not that bad. Trust me, if I tell you that, she's not."

"I trust you," I nodded to her and she patted me, pulling her hand back.

Not long after Trish had brought our drinks, Lily walked in, pushing her purse up on her shoulder as she looked around for us. Once she spotted us, she smiled as Randy waved her over.

"Hi, Randy!" She said, sitting down in the third chair, placing her bag on the back of it. "Hi, Olivia. How are you?"

"I'm okay," I said to her, placing my hands in my lap. "Thanks for asking."

"Listen, I know I fucked up in the past. I used Austin and I want to sincerely apologize to you," Lily shook her head. "I did care for him, that was never a lie. But I did use him. I wanted to be famous and clearly I thought feeding off of Austin's sadness was the way to do so. I know you love him and he loves you, so I hope we can put this behind us. I won't blame you if you don't want to but I have grown as a person and I really want to help."

I looked at her and then at Randy who nodded at me.

"We're cool, Lily," I smiled at her and she immediately smiled back. "Uh, thank you. Thank you for apologizing and wanting to help Austin."

"Of course," She nodded. "Now, I have a plan for this. It may seem a little extreme but I think it's worth it."

"Okay, let's hear it."

Liked by postmalone and others taylor_barns My sunshine, my love, my life

taylor_barns My sunshine, my love, my life... I love you so much and I'm so grateful I knocked you up
View all 97 comments
randy_barns it started off so sweet. i love you boogie!
oliviapost LMAO. So am I.
5 hours ago

After she explained it all, we figured there couldn't be a better plan. It was apparent that Lily was genuine about this. I didn't know how to handle it but I left that part up to Mrs. Miranda. She was good at this kinda stuff.

We left after we ate. Lily went home, Randy and I went back to her house. I definitely needed a nap after this day. Austin was laying in Randy's guest room, of course, when I got back.

"Hey babe," I said to him as I sat my purse and sunglasses down. I climbed into bed with him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey," he said, turning over and giving me a small kiss on the lips. "How did it go?"

"It went good," I hummed as I kissed him more. "Lily actually really apologized. And her plan for this actually makes a lot of sense."

"Wow," he shook his head, kissing me again. Deeper this time. "That's crazy."

"Austin," I giggled as he continued to kiss me. "Take this seriously."

"I just missed you is all," he said, pulling me closer to him after another kiss. "I'm taking it seriously. Okay, serious."

"Anyways, her dad is a cop. Did you know that?" I asked Austin and he shook his head. "Crazy. Anyways, he's gonna be helping."

"That's awesome," Austin kissed my shoulder and then smiled at me. "Thank you, Liv. Seriously, I don't know what I would do without you."

"You couldn't survive without me," I chuckled before kissing him again. "I love you. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you."

"I know that, Liv," he said in between kisses. The room was quiet besides our kisses and deep breathing. "You make me feel safe. You're home to me."

I rolled on top of him and kissed him deeper, holding his face in between my hands. He ran a finger up and down my back as he kissed me, letting me know he was protecting me as well.

"You make me feel safe, too, Austin," I told him as I breathed heavily, continuing to kiss him through every word. "You- you're the only one."

"Do we have a plan for Lenny?" Austin pulled away and looked at me. "Because, Liv, that's important. It's important he has repercussions."

"It's not first on my list but yes," I told him, my hair hanging in my face. I rolled off of him and to his side, staring at the ceiling. "Don't worry. I'm gonna take care of myself, too."

"I have no doubts about that, princess," he said, looking over at me and kissing my cheek. "You're the strongest woman I know."

"I wouldn't be," I shook  my head at him. "Not without you."