ch. 17

tangled up in you // staind

"So, Mr. and Mrs. Post are going to be doing their first dance a little different," My dad said as he looked over at Austin and I. I smiled while Austin wrapped his arms around me. "When Austin was just fourteen, he lost his mother, Amelia."

Aww's came from around the reception area and I looked up to Austin who was smiling brightly with gleaming eyes. Those gleaming eyes that I would forever be in love with.

"Austin and his mom would always dance in the living room to Billy Joel, but specifically, Piano Man. It was Amelia's favorite song," my dad continued. "So tonight, instead of a cheesy love song, they want to remember Amelia and dance along with her."

Everyone clapped as Austin turned me around. The music started playing and I rested my head on Austin's chest as we started to sway together.

"Thank you, Liv," he whispered to me where no one could hear. I smiled and squeezed him
tighter.

"For what exactly?" I whispered back to him.

"This is your big day but you incorporated Mom into it so much," He told me. "I can't thank you enough."

"That's the first time I've heard you call her Mom and not 'my mom,'" I smiled to myself. "And Austin, without your mom, there wouldn't be a big day. I love her, babe. She means a lot to me as well."

"You never even met her," he said, kissing the side of my head. The tone of his voice wasn't rude, it was more amazed.

"I have a feeling she was a lot like you," I said as we kept swaying.

"More like myself than I am, honestly," he sighed. "I know I've said this a hundred times, but I wish she was here to see how well I've done."

"I know I've said this a hundred times, but she is here. She knows how happy you are," I said, kissing his cheek softly. "But I know what you mean."

"I love you so much, Olivia," he pulled away and looked down at me. He smiled and then leaned down to press a kiss on my lips. I forgot we had a couple hundred people watching us. "Thank you for marrying me."

"I love you but I think I'm the one that should be doing the thanking," I smiled against his lips. "You made my dreams come true."

"Not as much as you have mine."

Liked by postmalone, randy_barns, and 90,083 othersoliviapost Not to brag or anything, but I kinda got to marry Austin Post today

oliviapost Not to brag or anything, but I kinda got to marry Austin Post today. 📷 by @adamdegross
View all 993 comments
username1 ok well my dreams of having his kids are over with
taylor_barns Love you guys
harker.pummel Beautiful couple.
username2 this is the worst day of my life
3 hours ago

After dancing with my dad and Austin dancing with my mom, we decided to ditch the reception for a bit. We told Randy and Taylor and they promised to keep everyone drunk.

Austin's driver drove us to the bank- I wanted to go before we went back to Seattle. The driver dropped us off and Austin took his key card out. Once he swiped it, the door opened and we took our usual route until we were on top of the building we both loved.

The sun was setting and it was beautiful. Not as beautiful as my husband, though. I took my heels off and placed them on the roof. Austin wrapped his arms around me from behind as we stared out at the city that was starting to light up.

"I'm sorry," Austin said quietly. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked behind me at him. "For ever making you feel not good enough, or unworthy, or like you had to chase me because I would have fell at your feet."

"That was years ago, why are you apologizing?" I asked him as I held his arms that were wrapped around my stomach.

"Because I don't deserve to be having this moment right now- with my wife," he told me, kissing the top of my head. "I can't believe I ever said the things I did to you when you're the beginning and end of my world now. I don't deserve any part of you but you love me with all of you."

"Austin," I said, turning around to him and grabbing his face. "Stop apologizing. We built each other together. The me I am now is only because of you. I was meant to know you and be your wife. I wouldn't go back and change a thing. Except maybe the Lily thing."

"You're really funny," He said, leaning down and kissing me. I laughed against his lips as he continued kissing me. He pulled away after a few kisses and took his phone out. "Let's give you the first dance you deserve."

He pressed play on the song I had originally picked out for our first dance, Tangled Up in You by Staind, and placed his phone on the cement roof.

It wasn't loud but I appreciated it. I wrapped my arms around his neck and started dancing with him once again. But to be fair, I'd dance with him for another lifetime.

We continued to dance, Austin placing kisses on my cheeks softly and frequently. I kissed his lips slowly, causing a fire to ignite inside of my stomach.

"You're the fire that warms me when I'm cold. You're the hand I have to hold as I grow old," Austin sang along to the song as we continued dancing. "You're the shore when I am lost at sea. You're only thing that I like about me."

"I want to move back to L.A.," I told Austin. He pulled away and looked down at me as if he were shocked but I mean, I am too.

"What?" He asked me, shaking his head. "But you wanted to go to Seattle so bad."

"I know, but look at all the people who love us," I shrugged to him. "They're all here. And the bank. You cannot live without the bank."

"For you, I can. I can do anything," he said, grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him. "You can't give up on your dream like this, Liv."

"I'm not giving up," I shook my head at him. "I just want to be around people that care about us as much as we care about them."

"I understand, love," he said, pushing the piece of hair that was hanging from my low bun out of my face. "But we have a home in Seattle."

"We have a home here. And it's Randy, Taylor, and Parker," I told him. "And when you get done with this tour... I want to start a family. I want to look into adoption or a surrogate."

"Seriously?" He asked me and I nodded with a smile on my face. "Oh, my God. Yes. Please."

"I want to be here," I said, caressing his cheek. "I need to be here."

"Then we'll make it happen as soon as possible," he smiled at me, kissing my hand. "But right now, we kinda have a wedding to get back to."