ch. 18

big jet plane // angus & julia stone

"Well, I think that's all of your luggage," My dad said, loading the black SUV that was driving us to the airport. He smiled at me and pulled me into a hug. "I didn't prepare for the day I'd be sending my little girl off with another last name."

"None of us prepared," I said to him and then looked back at my mom who was crying. "Mom, what's wrong?"

"You're just... you're not my baby anymore," she sniffled. "I've always heard people say it hurts when your kids grow up but I just thought it was a cliché."

"I love you, mom," I smiled, hugging her tightly. She pulled away and turned to Austin, opening her arms for a hug. My heart felt full as he hugged her back.

"Thank you for keeping our girl happy, Austin. You're the best thing that could've happened to this family," she said, still sniffling. It took her a while to warm up to Austin and even still, I didn't think she was but apparently I was wrong. "And I hope you know we love you."

"I love you guys," he smiled to them. I didn't want this moment to end but we had a red-eye flight to catch.

"Okay, I hate to break it up but we kinda have plans," I laughed at them and they stepped back. Randy and Parker came running up and even though we needed to leave, I made time for them.

"Okay, I'm gonna make this quick. I love you and I will call you in the morning even though it'll be like a way different time for you," she said, fixing my hair and hugging me. "Have fun!"

"Thanks, Randy," I chuckled, kissing her cheek as she pulled away from the hug. "Hey, Parker."

"I just wanted to say I love you and hope you have a safe flight, basically what Randy said," He laughed, hugging me for a second. "I think I'm gonna go talk to Izzy tonight."

"That's great!" I said to him. "I am so glad."

"Yeah, being around all this love makes me miss having it," he chuckled. "Anyways, be safe. Love you."

"Love you, too!" I said as he sprinted off. I looked at Austin and smiled. "Okay, we ready?"

"Yes ma'am, Mrs. Post."

Liked by postmalone, q

Liked by postmalone, q.murray75, and 85,993 others
oliviapost Off to the honeymoon!! Just wish my boy looked happier about it. 😂💕
View all 902 comments
username1 that's bc you suck the life out of him
postmalone LIV STOP. i was caught off guard. i'm so excited.
username2 Omg wait I just noticed you changed your username
vannahbaby03 Love you two!
2 hours ago

As we got to the airport, Austin and I (and Austin's guard) dragged our luggage across the tile, hurrying to get to the security checkpoint. I hated that we had to kinda share our honeymoon with a guard but I understand the safety issues.