ch. 8

first day of my life // bright eyes

Weeks passed by. Very quickly, if I must say. I'm waking up next to Austin Post every morning, so of course days go by in the blink of an eye.

We were planning on visiting California this weekend before Austin had to go on tour again. I was quite excited, especially since I planned on staying in L.A. for a week after Austin leaves. I was so ready to spend time with the people I love most.

"The last show is in Atlanta," Austin said as he sat on the floor in front of the couch. I played with his hair as I sat on the couch. We had tried watching movies but ended up talking the whole time.

"I love Atlanta," I smiled at him even though he couldn't see me.

"I wish you could go with me," He threw his head back and looked up at me. "But my baby's out here being all successful and shit."

"Trying to be, at least," I chuckled at him and leaned down to place a kiss on his lips. "You've toured so many times, you'll be fine without me."

"I just don't know why they sprung it on me so last minute," he sighed, looking forward now. "We were supposed to get married soon."

"Babe, that's the least of my worries," I smiled to myself. But he was right, it was last minute. We already had our date set up and everything. The last month and a half was spent planning, and we still had a ton of stuff to do. "We'll just have to wait a little longer."

"I don't want to wait," he said, abruptly turning around to look at me. "I've wanted to marry you for so long, Liv. I don't want this to get put on hold any longer than it has to."

"You love me," I smiled brightly at him. I always knew he did, but something about this moment made me really realize it. He smiled back at me and climbed up on the couch with me, kissing me softly.

"More than the stars, my beautiful girl," he said, placing a kiss on my cheek and then sitting up again. "Which is why I need us to get married... Like today."

"You're absolutely insane," I shook my head at him as a huge smile hung on my face.

"Am I, though?" He raised an eyebrow at me and I slapped him lightly.

"Shut up, Post," I chuckled. "You know we'd both actually die if we let Randy and Taylor's wedding outdo ours."

"That's true," he nodded, looking off. "We've been in an unspoken feud with them for a while."

"Agreed," I nodded with a laugh. "I think we're winning."

"Oh, definitely," he nodded and then put his hand up for a high five. I connected my hand with his and smiled. "Where the hell is Mochi?"

"Upstairs, maybe," I shrugged and then called her. "Mochi! Want a treat?"

As soon as I said that, her stubby legs came barreling down the stairs to the living room. She jumped up on the couch and started licking me.

"Now go get her a treat," Austin nodded towards the kitchen.

"Uh, no," I shook my head. "You asked where she was. She's here. Give her a treat."

"Ugh, you ass," He groaned, getting off of the couch and walking to the kitchen. "Come here, Mo. Mommy won't feed you, will she?"

"Shut the hell up!"

Liked by postmalone, izzytoobizzy, and 42,383 others ol1v1a

ol1v1a.mcne1l It took me 7 tries to get a picture where Mochi wasn't in the background.
View all 318 comments
postmalone WOW YOU'RE MINE??? IM HELLA LUCKY.
username1 i'm... crying? ^^^
randy_barns we'd rather see mo
randy_barns KIDDING pls don't yell at me mom
3 hours ago

"How the fuck are you beating me?" Austin yelled as we played Just Dance. The couches were pushed back and there was a bottle of wine opened on the end table. Just two best friends having the time of their lives.

"I'm a beast, baby," I said as I danced, my hair flying everywhere. "Learn to lose."

"Okay, asshole," he laughed at me as we did the finishing move. "You won this time. But wait 'til I catch my breath."

"Keep up, old man," I said, poking him in the chest. He laughed at me and pulled me towards him by my wrists. He smiled as he kissed my lips. I kissed him back even though I was really hot and didn't want to be touched. He was always an exception.

"I'll get you back," he said against my lips as we stood in the living room kissing. Not a care in the world.

"Oh, will you?" I smirked and continued kissing him. His hands traveled to my ass, spreading my legs as I stood up.

His fingers slipped in between them, rubbing me over my leggings. I closed my eyes and let him do whatever he wanted. Until I felt his hands make their way to my sides, tickling me.

"Yeah, I will," he said as he continued tickling me everywhere. I fell down to the ground and so did he, tickling my leg.

"Austin! Austin, stop!" I laughed, trying to get him off of me. "I'm gonna kill you."

"Oh, you sound so threatening," he said sarcastically, showing no mercy towards me whatsoever.

"Please!" I begged him as I continued laughing like a maniac. "Austin!"

He finally stopped and laid beside me on the floor. He looked over at me and smiled. I looked back at him and returned his bright grin.

"This is why I want to marry you so badly," He shook his head as he looked into my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked him as I rolled over to get closer to him.

"Moments like these," he told me. "I want them forever. With my wife."

"Austin, I want to marry you so badly," I smiled at him. "But I don't have to be your wife to have moments like these."

"I know," he nodded. "But when I think about having nights like these forever, I think about you as my wife, and a baby running around."

"I do, too," I said to him as I laid on my hands. "But maybe we aren't that lucky."

"We're lucky with everything else," He shrugged as well as he could with being on the floor.

"Maybe asking for a kid is just too much for God to grant us," I smiled sadly at him. "You know how many times we've tried."

"I know, baby," He said to me. "I can only hope."

"I'm so sorry," I said, shaking my head as tears formed in my eyes.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked, sitting up. I still stayed laying down. "Olivia, that's not your fault."

"I can't give you the one thing I'm supposed to be able to," I shook my head, a tear rolling down my cheek. "The one thing a woman is meant to do."

"That's not true, my love," he said, rubbing my back. "Women are meant for great things, things far beyond children. It's not in the cards for us, Liv. Please don't worry yourself about it."

"I do worry," I cried. I couldn't help it. "I want a family with you. I want you to be the father I know you would be."

"There's always adoption," he smiled at me. "I don't care where the kid comes from, as long as you're their mama."

"I love you," I said, sitting up and placing a kiss on his cheek through my tears. "No matter where the kid comes from, I know you're going to be the most perfect dad."

a/n: ok idk, i thought this would
be a cute chapter to show
how normal their relationship
is & how they're truly best friends.

also, how do we feel about liv not being able to have kids?? :'(

(p.s. happy holidays, everyone! no matter how you celebrate, i hope you have (or had) a wonderful season!!)